Windows 7 support has ended

Get Windows 10 to continue receiving support.

Upgrade now

Windows 8 is a mess - I've reinstalled Windows 7, which I like. Please confirm that there will be ongoing support for Windoiws 7

It's not even easy in Windows 8 to Close down an application! The only bits I liked in it were the Windows 7 desktop bits, so I eventually reinstalled Windows 7, which is perfectly suited to my needs, unlike Windows 8 which appears to be trying to be everything to everyone. I use and have used Windows as a platform for the development of ideas for many years, but the latest version appears more consumer oriented than creator oriented, and may be where our paths diverge. Which brings me to the question: will Windows 7 and Windows 7 support continue to be available as a separate option for the foreseeable future? Or should I be looking in the direction of Linux?
Answer
Answer

You won't be able to have Windows 7 supported forever, although, no one expected Windows XP would still be supported 11 years later and with support ending 2014, its another achievement for the OS. Its a similar scenario I see happening for Windows 7, tested and proven. Even when Microsoft does officially decide to end support, you will still be able to use it.

Another thing, I have been restaurants, businesses, banks and they are still running DOS. I have even been a taylor who is running a program for creating patterns on Windodws 95. This is 15 years after its release. Bill Gates once said, you could buy one license from us and never buy another product or license from us again.

Microsoft did say that the future will consist of both Windows 7 PC's and Window 8 Devices which would suggest it will be a co-existence between the two. Microsoft has also touted Windows 8 as being a release that shares a lot of the same core features which makes it just as manageable as Windows 7.

Another thing, businesses won't be moving to Windows 8 overnight especially if they are in the middle of deployments of Windows 7 which is now a proven product. Businesses will possibly deploy Windows 8 in certain scenarios such as mobile employees, factory floor employees (vertical industries basically) and possibly introduce it on new systems as they do PC refresh cycles.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 540 Applies to: