Bought Acer Aspire One with Windows 7 Starter. What are the limitations? What will I not be able to do if I don't ungrade to full version? Can I use Starter as long as I want? Old computer has XP Home.
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
You can use Starter for as long as you want, but many people complain about how crippled it is and the lack of features.
Windows 7 Starter does not include:
* Aero Glass, meaning you can only use the Windows Basic or other opaque themes. It also means you do not get Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek.
* Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, window colors, or sound schemes.
* The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
* 64 bit version
* Multi-monitor support.
* DVD playback.
* Windows Media Center for watching recorded TV or other media.
* Remote Media Streaming for streaming your music, videos, and recorded TV from your home computer.
* Domain support for business customers.
* XP Mode for those that want the ability to run older Windows XP programs on Windows 7.
What Features are Included in Each Version of Windows 7?