Windows 7 is not genuine & error code 0xC004F063

Recently my laptop's windows 7 ultimate OS said that this copy of of windows is not genuine, so I tried to go online to resolve it.

When I went to the website they told me to go to (http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/DownloadValidationSupport.aspx?displaylang=en&Error=52&sGuid=0491ab8d-4e8e-45ce-8fab-f03615d59081&OSV=6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001.00.1033&GenuineInfo=C004F063&ls=3), I downloaded the update and after it finished I clicked "continue" but it kept telling me to wait for it to finish installing, even though it has already finished. So, no help there.

When I tried to type in the activation code that came with the computer, it said that it doesn't work with my version of Windows 7 (funny thing is, my computer came with a disc labeled "Windows 7 Professional" yet after I installed it to my computer, it shows up as Windows 7 ULTIMATE).

When I used a program to find my true activation code, error code 0xC004F063 came up. I read somewhere that to fix that, I have to downgrade back to my previous version of Windows, which is XP, and re-upgrade back to Windows 7. I tried to do that but i never got past the 2nd step, which told me to insert the Windows 7 disc into my drive and restart the computer. The Install Windows window never came up after restarting.

Can someone please tell me how to solve error code 0xC004F063? I think that's the root of all my problems, since I don't think any product key will work due to that error code. And please do NOT tell me to contact Microsoft support or anything like that because I do not have the time or patience to go through those steps, so please just tell me directly how to solve it.

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2019 Views 34,401 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi notifly,

Adding to Andre`s suggestions, check to see if the following helps.

Step 1: If you are able to boot normally then, try uninstalling and reinstalling the product key and check if it helps.

a.       Click Start and type “cmd” (without quotes) in the start search box.

b.      From the programs list right click on cmd and select “Run as Administrator.”

c.       In the command shell type the following command and press Enter after each command.

slmgr –upk

slmgr –ipk (your product key)

d.      Activate the copy again and check if it works.

Step 2: You may first try online activation if it does not try the Phone Activation again as you tried earlier.

Step 3:  You may try validating Windows online and see if you can correct the problem. Go to the below mentioned website and click “Validate Windows”.

Genuine Microsoft Software

Regards,

Syed N – Microsoft Support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

24 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I would try reactivating by telephone:

Activate Windows 7 manually:
1. Click Start, and in the Search box type :  slui.exe 4

2. Press ENTER on your Keyboard

3. Select your Country.
4. Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.

Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin |Notebooks | Microsoft MVP
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.