Windows 7 Installation Blue Screen

Yesterday I tried to install Win 7 on my System. I was doing a fresh install for a dual boot. I tried installing on a fresh partition on the same HDD that Win XP is on. And I also tried doing an install on my 2nd HDD that is being used as a storage drive. Each attempt (there were many) It would let me get to the initial set up and I would then get 1 of 2 different blue screens... The first one I would get during the expanding of the files during the install or just before it got to that part before it would even tranfer the files over the Blue Screen error is:

(A clock interupt was not received on a secondary processor with in the allocated time interval.)

And the other Blue Screen error I would receive is:
    ***stop: 0x00000101 (0x0000000000000031, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff880009e7180, 0x0000000000000001)

This error I received right after it finished the expanding files and the initial set up process it slammed the BSOD on me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would love to work with Win 7 but still keep Win XP on my system.

Forgot to add, regarding the system I have absolutly no problems in Win XP and the system will run any program I throw at it with out error. This only started happening with the install of Win 7.

If any other information would be usefull please let me know.

Justin

Question Info

Last updated August 16, 2018 Views 53,797 Applies to:
Answer
Hi J Tech,

Does your computer have an Asus board by any chance?
Do you have the latest BIOS update? The error code point toward a hardware incompatibility problem, with the AMD Phenom in most case. 
If you have another memory stick available, try it too.  Some people have solve the same problem just by changing the memory stick socket. 

Looking forward to hear from you,
Kevin
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Kevin

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Hi gr1msag3,

Thanks for posting to Getting Ready for Windows 7 Community Forum.

The issue you posted is related to an advanced user issue and would be better suited in the Windows 7 Technet community. Please visit the link below to find a community that will offer the support you request.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro?ITPID=sprblog

Best regards

Debbie
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Debbie

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.