Windows 7 home premium OA

I have a laptop with windows 7 home premium OA, but my windows does not work any more and unfortunatlly i dont have a boot disc, i need to download a windows 7 home premium OA which works with my product key, is here any body that can help me?
Answer
Answer

make your own Windows 7 installation disk - on DVD or a 4GB USB.

1.1 To make an installation DVD or USB, first download the correct* ISO from Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River then transfer it to a DVD or 4GB USB using the Windows 7 USB-DVD download tool The download tool can run on Windows 7, Vista & XP SP2 but XP users have to have additional components that are listed, & linked to, on its download page.

1.2 * Correct = You can only run a successful installation of the version of Windows [Home Premium & so on] that is identified on your Certificate of Authenticity [CoA]. The PC manual also needs to be checked as, if the PC is only specified as being capable of running 32 bit Windows 7 [“x86” but often referred to as x32], then only a 32 bit [x86] installation will succeed. If the PC is specified as being capable of running 64 bit Windows 7 [“x64”] then a x64 installation would normally be chosen. You can also check the version you currently have installed at Control panel, System - see the entry at the top for the version & the entry lower down at System type for 64 bit or 32 bit. Your Windows 7 CoA Product Key is valid for 32 bit & 64 bit versions so you can choose which one to install.

1.3 Install the USB-DVD Download Tool using an admin-level account then run it with the ISO file stored anywhere on the system accessible by the Admin account [except the target DVD / USB drive, I discovered, although others say that it can be on the target drive]. The result is a Windows 7 SP1 installation DVD / USB. The USB-DVD Download Tool can then be ignored or it can be uninstalled.

2 Insert the new Windows 7 Installation DVD / USB and (re)start the system.

3 As soon as the PC maker’s logo appears, set the system to boot from the DVD / USB drive as appropriate by pressing repeatedly on the Boot options key or the BIOS key identified onscreen at this point [or identified in the PC manual]. This bootup can take a minute or even longer.

4 Once the system boots from the disk, onscreen instructions will guide you through the installation procedure.

5 At the end of the reinstallation, you may or may not have to activate Windows 7. If you are reinstalling the version preinstalled by the PC maker then they might have provided for a self-activation process that you will not even notice. If you have any doubts then you can go to Genuine Microsoft Software Validation afterwards to validate the activation / self-activation if you wish.

Try*3 - a user
Dell Inspirons 7779, 1545, 9300; Windows 10 Home x64 & Pro x86; Office Pro 2007; HP DJ2540; HTC UPlay [Android 6.0], MyPhoneExplorer

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 19, 2020 Views 25,092 Applies to: