windows 10 pop up

hello andre de costa please reply

i am using windows 7 ultimate and windows 8.1 oem will i get retail version windows 10 for oem

2.i heard the news that microsoft is rolling out ad for windows 10 upgrade reservation pop up.but still i did not get the pop ups

How will I know when Windows 10 is available?
Between now and launch, the following KB update (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3035583)  should be installed on your Windows 7/8.1 computer. Volume License customers will not receive this update because of IT requirements in managed environments. If its not already installed, open Windows Update and check for Updates.

To check if the updates already installed:

Click Start (or press Windows key + S for Windows 8.1 users)

Type: view installed updates

Hit Enter on your keyboard

Look through the list for the KB3035583 update.

Once that is installed, you should see the following pop up in the Notification area of the Taskbar.

Double click the Windows icon to learn more.

When I upgrade a preinstalled (OEM) version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 license to Windows 10, does that license remain OEM or become a retail license?

If you upgrade from a OEM version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 to the free Windows 10 upgrade this summer, the license is consumed into it. Because the free upgrade is derived from an OEM base qualifying license, Windows 10 will carry this type of licensing too.

If you upgrade from a retail version, it carries the rights of a retail version.

Full version (Retail):

- Includes transfer rights to another computer.

- Doesn't require a previous qualifying version of Windows.

- Expensive

Upgrade version (Retail):

- Includes transfer rights to another computer.

- require a previous qualifying version of Windows.

- Expensive, but cheaper than full version

OEM :

OEM versions of Windows are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

What happens if I change my motherboard?

This will invalidate the Windows 10 upgrade license because it will no longer have a previous based qualifying license which is required for the free upgrade. You will then have to purchase a full retail Windows 10 license.

The edition of Windows 10 installed will be based on the logical edition of Windows installed, ie. Windows 8 Core (Single Language) will be upgraded to Windows 10 Home, Windows 7 Professional will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

Resources:

What are the editions of Windows 10 available?

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10 What are the editions of Windows 10 available?

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

hello andra de costa please reply

that update you mentioned is already installed in windows 7 ultimate and windows 8.1 core oem but still it didn't show the pop ups  

please read this article  http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/581348/Windows-10-UK-Release-Date-Price

users of windows 7 and 8.1 will receive a get windows 10 popup in coming weeks. i have to wait for pop up right.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 12, 2019 Views 4,908 Applies to: