Why can't I upgrade with windows7 starter to windows 8 my computer is only 9 month since purchest?

Why can't I upgrade with windows7 starter to windows 8 my computer is only 9 month since purchest?
Answer
Answer

So, it will not uninstall then install my programs, or what, then another question is the offer for $14.99 is what I was looking at and I filled out a free upgrade and probably has not been fully tested for that upgrade it did say I would be able to get the upgrade but it has not drop in my e-mails guessing still in work. So that{s it just upgrade $40 bucks should I wait for a pro version or ultimate version?

And what will happen to my saved files?

and will I be able to restore to factory setting with warrenty and can I use my serial from my computer for the upgrade?

NOW please if you don't know please tell me I would to know some facts and since there are so much development I think the pro version is still to come, so.....

Windows 7 Starter does not qualify for the $14.99 offer.  Only Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate. If you need to upgrade to Windows 8, then you should wait on the $39.99 upgrade for Windows 8 Pro that will become available October 26th 2012.

The upgrade will allow you to keep your apps, personal files and settings.

Yes, it should be able to restore to factory state, but always backup before making significant changes to your computer such as installing an operating system:

http://www.notebooks.com/2009/10/24/how-to-backup-your-installation-of-windows-7/

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2019 Views 2,100 Applies to: