Q: upgrade windows 7 professional to windows 7 enterprise edition. This thread is locked from future replies

I would like to upgrade windows 7 professional to enterprise edition.
On my new Samsung slate 7 tablet i have already preinstalled windows 7 pro EN (OEM). But there is problem with enabling other language on writing pad. So I have to upgrade to Ultimate or Enterprise, but alas my country is not on upgrade anytime list. - So I (supposed ) have to get new (full) Enterprise and re-install windows to get it. 
As a member of  university staff I can get full Enterprise edition with key (for new installation, not for upgrade) and then register /activate windows over the kms server. But I don't want to re-install, because I'm afraid of loosing additional (already installed) system software from Samsung which enable speed bot for my tablet. 
Is there any possibility to upgrade  to Enterprise edition without re installing windows? As I mentioned before I own both licence (Professional and Enterprise).
I have already asked our local Microsoft support (Slovenian) but they don't have any clue (hmm).

Thanks, aleksander

Sorry, but you cannot do in place upgrades from Windows 7 Professional to Enterprise. You have to a custom install, which means you will need to backup your personal files and settings and prepare to reinstall applications and hardware drivers.

The only other option is to purchase a retail Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade license use the key to do an Anytime Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Ultimate.

If you decide to go with Enterprise license, at least backup your existing Windows 7 Professional, so you can restore it in the future when you graduate from the University.

You can use Windows Easy Transfer to backup your files before you do a clean install:

Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 31,653 Last updated: March 12, 2018 Applies to: