Unable to install Windows 7 error “… partition contain one or more dynamic volume…”.

i have windows 7 installed on my pc.

when i updated my system driver through device manager, it demanded to restart.

when i restart my pc ,it does not restart "windows error recovery"

i tried every possible way to recover my pc , but all fails.

i finally tried to reinstall windows 7

but, when all files have been expanded

after that it says "windows could not update boot configuration .installation could not proceed".

but i am able to boot mu computer through safe mode.

company-hp

model no.-- p6-2020ix

pls hel me out.

Original Title: partition contain one or more dynamic volumes

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Instead of creating new threads for each reply, I suggest you to post your reply in the main thread. This helps us assist you better.

For your reference, the original thread is:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/partition-contain-one-or-more-dynamic-volumes/c3027f83-5f02-4dd2-802b-2e3d4314edc6  

1) What is the complete or exact error message?

2) What is the make and model number of the hard disk, on which you are trying to install Windows 7 operating system?

Note: Dynamic disk feature is not supported for Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Starter, and Windows 7 Home Premium editions.

3) What is the edition of Windows7 installed in the computer?

Try the methods suggested in the article below and check after each method:

You cannot select or format a hard disk partition when you try to install Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927520

Disclaimer for Check Disk: While performing chkdsk (Check Disk) on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector. And if any data is available on that sector might be lost.

BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying Basic Input Output system (BIOS)/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Hope it helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 1,365 Applies to: