The application or DLL \Sources\SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid Windows image, The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt.[0xC1]

Trying to load Win 7 from an iso, when starting immediately get "The application or DLL \Sources\SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." Hit 'ok' then get "The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0xC1]"

I rec'd my iso from my place of higher education (student software), and once I started to run into all of these problems asked a friend to create an iso off of his disk prior to him loading straight off of his OTC DVD and we can duplicate the error.

I have used several burn programs nero/magic iso/sonic to try to burn the image but all produce the same results. Searched the forum and nothing like this had been posted yet, and although I have seen this error throughout Google no one had a good answer what it was or how to fix it.

Currently run XP Pro 64, and the iso is Win 7 Pro 64

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2018 Views 43,859 Applies to:
Answer

Hi IT_Crash,

The most likely and possible cause of this error is bad media or corrupted ISO. I’d suggest you to re-download the ISO and then burn the same with the lowest burning speed.

Refer the link below for a similar issue:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistasetup/thread/7faceaae-eb6b-4ab1-b138-b9b7b68a766c/

The above link talks about the similar issue with respect to Windows Vista. It is applicable to Windows 7 as well.

You may also run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. It scans your hardware, devices, and installed programs for known compatibility issues, gives you guidance on how to resolve potential issues found, and recommends what to do before you upgrade.

Refer:

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15&displayLang=en

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Gokul - Microsoft Support

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.