Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA) missing.

In my Win 7 Pro 64-bit o/s the Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA) isn't listed as a feature that can be turned on.  And I don't see an option in the installer to add this feature.  How can I add it?
Answer
Answer
It's not included in Windows 7 Pro.

Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows 7 Enterprise; Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows 7 Ultimate; Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit edition

To install SUA by using the Windows interface
  1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. In the Control Panel window, click Programs.

3. Under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or off.

4. If the User Account Control dialog box opens, click Continue. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.

5. In the Windows Features dialog box, select the Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications check box. Click OK.

6. In the Add Features Wizard, on the Select Features page, select the Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications check box.

Installation might require a few minutes to complete.

Until the download package Utilities and Software Development Kit for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (Utilities and SDK for SUA) has been installed on the computer, you cannot run or modify UNIX-based scripts and custom UNIX-based applications. The Utilities and SDK for SUA package is available for download on the Microsoft Web site (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=139521).

Have Questions About Installing Windows 7?
FAQ - Common Windows 7 Installation Questions & Answers

MCC 2011

TrekDozer

Sharing bits of knowledge.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2020 Views 8,240 Applies to: