Is windows 7 lite legal?

Hi, I'm wondering if Windows 7 Lite is legal to download for free. If not, I can delete it. I was pretty sure it was legal but then I saw it was available to download for free from <removed>  and now i'm wondering, because the words "pirate" and "torrent" don't bode well, the software was downloaded from digital river content, which is the same place the completely legal 60 Trial of Microsoft Office comes from.
Again, if it is illegal i will delete it, i don't have any problem with Windows 7 Starter Edition that i was running, but i'd rather if i could run this net book friendly Aero Enabled version. If anybody here knows, please explain W7 Lite thing. I really don't understand.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:^) NP27 
Answer
Answer
PirateBay is a known peer to peer site that distributes popular commercial software such as Windows, Office, Adobe Creative Suite and other popular titles illegally. Downloading software from such sites can be very risky because the origin of the files are usually edited and its very possible that they could have injected malicious code in it.

Windows 7 Lite is not a Microsoft developed or affiliated product, what it seems to be is a customized Windows 7 image that the authors customized to remove most of the components of Windows which can also be very problematic. Basically, they made it worst than Windows 7 Starter.

I suggest you reinstall your Windows 7 Starter license and if you need a Windows 7 edition with more features and capabilities you do an Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium.

Windows 7 - Anytime Upgrade - Frequently Asked Questions:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Windows-Anytime-Upgrade-frequently-asked-questions

Windows 7 - Anytime Upgrade features:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-anytime-upgrade

Resources:
The Dangers of Buying or Using Pirated Software - Notebooks.com
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

42 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 60,652 Applies to: