Question

Q: Installing Windows 7 on a blank hard drive that has no OS.

I have the full version of Windows 7 and I am trying to install it on my computer I built, but when I set the bios to boot from the installation DVD and restart my computer, it says it can't boot from DVD because my boot manager is missing. Could this mean that there is a problem with my copy of windows, or is there some other program I need to get? If anyone could explain what I need to do, I would be greatly appreciative.

Answer

A:

Is this a digital download of Windows 7?

If so, I suggest you download Windows 7 again and burn it at the lowest speed possible then try again.

1. Turn on your computer, insert the Windows installation disc, and then restart your computer.

Procedures vary depending on the BIOS manufacturer. Usually, you must press a key (such as F2, F12, Delete, Esc) or a key combination immediately after you turn on your computer but before Windows starts. For more information, check the information that came with your computer or go to the computer manufacturer's website.

2. The BIOS setup screen appears. On the BIOS setup screen, select the option called "Boot order," or something similar.

3. Select your CD or DVD drive as the first startup device, save the setting changes, and then exit the BIOS.

Restart your computer, and then start Windows from the installation CD or DVD as previously described.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-Windows-from-a-CD-or-DVD

When you boot your computer, press [F8] on boot and disable driver signing checking. The should be detected.

Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin |Notebooks | Microsoft MVP
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this resolve your issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

16 people were helped by this reply

progress

Question Info