Installing Azure SDK in Windows 7 Home Basic

I need to install Windows Azure SDK in my laptop which is having Windows 7 Home Basic as OS.

The Issue I am facing is Windows Azure requires IIS 7 with ASP.Net support to be installed.

Now IIS 7 requires IIS manger Console to be installed but is unavailable in Windows 7 Home Basic.

So I run the IIS 7 installer - inetmgr_amd64 in troubleshooting mode and installed it. But then also I am not able to install WindowsAzure SDK(neither in troubleshooting mode).

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 1,167 Applies to:

Hi Abir Chatterjee,

Here are the quick steps:

1. IIS 7.0 (with ASP.NET, WCF HTTP Activation and optionally CGI) * Please follow” To enable IIS 7.0 with ASP.NET and WCF HTTP Activation on Windows Vista”.
  2. Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 or Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with SP1.
  3. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Edition with Service Pack 1.
  4. Hot fix: Native Debugging Improvements (not required for Visual Studio 2010).

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.
Thanks & Regards,
Vijay B –
Microsoft Support       

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,
Regarding Windows Azure it is written that the pre-requisite is -
The 64-bit (x64) version of the SDK requires a 64-bit edition of Windows 7, Windows Vista® SP1 or higher, or Windows Server® 2008

But still I am not able to follow the steps mentioned in - To enable IIS 7.0 with ASP.NET and WCF HTTP Activation on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Actually Windows 7 Home Basic is not having any option in Control Panel to enable IIS 7.0 with ASP.Net and CGI as well.

Regards,
Abir

Sorry this didn't help.

Home Basic does not have IIS enabled and does not meet the minimum environment requirement for the SDK. See this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsazuretroubleshooting/thread/67c1aa46-8b77-41ab-892e-9dab3c64db3c

Sorry this didn't help.

Home Basic does not have IIS enabled and does not meet the minimum environment requirement for the SDK. See this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsazuretroubleshooting/thread/67c1aa46-8b77-41ab-892e-9dab3c64db3c

Sorry this didn't help.