Installation of Windows SDK failed on Windows 7 x64. "installation failed with return code 5100"

I try and install the SK and it fails for both the Web installer and the ISO>DVD route. Same error each time:

12:22:50 PM Wednesday, July 11, 2012: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Setup\SFX\vcredist_x64.exe installation failed with return code 5100

The following lines are less than helpful because they suggest going to a place I don't have.

12:23:21 PM Wednesday, July 11, 2012: [SDKSetup:Error] Config_Products_Install: Installation of Product Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 (failed): Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information. Stack: at SDKSetup.Product.ConfigureRelatedSfx() at SDKSetup.Product.ConfigureNewProduct(ManualResetEvent CancelEvent)
12:23:21 PM Wednesday, July 11, 2012: [SDKSetup:Info] Config_Products_InstallNew: End installation of new product: Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7
12:23:21 PM Wednesday, July 11, 2012: [SDKSetup:Error] Config_Products_Install: Windows SDK Setup (failed): Installation of the "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7" product has reported the following error: Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information. Stack: at SDKSetup.Product.ConfigureNewProduct(ManualResetEvent CancelEvent) at SDKSetup.Product.SetupProduct(TaskMode taskMode, ManualResetEvent CancelEvent) at SDKSetup.ProductCollection.SetupProducts(TaskMode taskMode, DownloadManager downloadManager, ManualResetEvent cancelEvent) at SDKSetup.ConfigProducts.DoCurrentTask(TaskMode Task)

Any ideas what might be worng? The rest of the log file is too big for this message but I can send it to anyone who can help.

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2018 Views 32,131 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

I would suggest you to try and perform the steps listed from the link below,

Windows SDK Fails to Install with Return Code 5100

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2717426/de

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.