If I downgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Vista Business, can I go back to 7 if I want?! With the same OEM Product key?!

ie. can I go back and forth from 7 to vista and from vista to 7 if I have 7 product key?! The OEM version... Dell's... The one that came with my new XPS 1645... I just don't wanna sacrifice my 7 product key by downgrading... :) Will Vista and XP accept 7's OEM key while activation?! Just wondering... :) I'm not asking about Retail or Volume licenses... The OEM ones... :)

Yeah, I've read http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/pages/downgrade_rights.aspx ... But I just wanna make it clear... Thank you! :)

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No, you would have the machine preloaded with the downgraded OS (XP), when you are ready to upgrade to Windows 7, you use the product key on the COA sticker attached to the chassis of the machine.
Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin |Notebooks | Microsoft MVP
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Andre Da Costa <abbr class="affil">MVP</abbr>

Vote As Helpful
No, you would have the machine preloaded with the downgraded OS (XP), when you are ready to upgrade to Windows 7, you use the product key on the COA sticker attached to the chassis of the machine.

First of all, from the MS website: http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/pages/downgrade_rights.aspx

"Downgrade rights for Windows 7 are an end-user right "

Meaning : If an end user (like me!) wants to downgrade from Windows 7 pro to Vista Business, he/she can... Without any trouble...

" preloaded with the downgraded OS (XP)" see... Really I couldn't find any solution(s) in your answer(s)... :( This is mysecond bitter experience with you ... :'(

Customers must:
  • Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows 7. (done! )
  • Accept the Windows 7 Software License Terms. (done! )
  • Perform the downgrade (by myself ) or authorize a third party to install on their behalf (or with the help of a technician).

The Downgrade Process:

1. Obtain genuine Windows media and a corresponding product key for the eligible version of Windows for downgrade (done! )

• The media should come from a prior legally licensed version from the OEM (mine! ) or Retail channels. 

2. Insert eligible downgrade version of Windows media in the CD drive and follow the installation instructions.

3. Type the product key. (I think they mean Windows 7 Product key that is in my laptop'sCOA label ...

4. If the software was previously activated (yes! ), you will not be able to activate it online. (I know! ) In this case, the appropriate local Activation Support phone number will be displayed. (I think they mean "activate via phone " ... Just like 7, the automated voice will give averification ID after typing the installation ID finally after hours of effort typing it again and again (read by another question: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/thread/fd745eb5-253a-452d-b7f3-2a09597f4e2a/#3dd4c9cc-c09d-4fd1-bb58-3440fcded2f0)

Or if I directly contact the appropriate local Activation Support, (i.e. a human support personnel!) will they collect / record whatever we converse?! The 7 automated voice is a stupid... It accepted all the set digits and after that it simply said "yours is invalid" !! It requested me to contact a real personnel... But it cautioned me ... It said something like this: whatever I talk will be recorded for some oh!-king! (pun intended!) purposes... like improving something?! well... I was shocked! Recorded?! woot?! why should they record?!

Just like Yahoo! Privacy Policy: http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/ca/yahoo/

"Yahoo! uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients." may be, remove that ad thing... But I think automated procedure does not collect and save any information...

5. When it is determined that the end user has an eligible Windows license (I know... Mine is eligible... ), the customer service representative will provide a single-use activation code (just like 7's Verification ID ) to activate the software"

OEM Versions of Windows 7 Eligible for Downgrade

Only certain OEM versions of Windows 7 include downgrade rights:

• Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights toWindows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate.

That's it! Even if you go to Dell.ca, "build your system". you can see this page: http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/1369/thedellonlinestorebuild.png

Dell does not decide to plunder additional C$$$$$$ by having another with "downgrade right s" ... Meaning?!

"

• Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights toWindows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate.
  • Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to Windows XP Professional , Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition.
  • Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for instance, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights."
a.k.a every 7 pro (OEM) has the right to be downgraded to vista business or xp pro...

So, I think if I have a Windows Vista Business x64 Retail DVD/CD/ISO (I don't know where to get! I'm only having a XP Pro CD & a 7 Pro DVD given by my friends as a gift!), will it accept my 7 Pro x64 OEM key and will it have an option to 'activate via phone' later ?!

Even if so, if I change my mind, can I use my 7 DVD and enter my 7 OEM key?! ie. can I go back and forth from 7 to vista/xp and from vista/xp to 7

Sorry this didn't help.

The option must first be provided by the OEM, and its usually on select model systems. With Microsoft phasing out XP availability for OEM's, it might be a hard option to come by, the only operating system you might be able to downgrade to is Windows Vista.
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Sorry this didn't help.

The option must first be provided by the OEM, and its usually on select model systems. With Microsoft phasing out XP availability for OEM's, it might be a hard option to come by, the only operating system you might be able to downgrade to is Windows Vista.

ii don't know about 7 to xp... But here is an article with respect to Vista and XP ... http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/ap/topics/microsite/en/vista_xp_transistion?c=au&l=en&cs=aubsd1 (I know... It is for Australia... I think Dell is not partial... ;P)

May be, just go to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare: "If you use your PC for work, you'll wantWindows 7 Professional. " Heck! I just wantedWindows XP Mode ! haha So, I think it also applies toeveryone who has selected 7 Pro... Yeah, people likeme select Pro forXP mode and some richUncle Scrooges select Ultimate just forbragging purposes ... Bit locker?! Who want it?! True Crypt  FTW (4 teh w!n!) "Language Packs" Are you kidding me?! ;P "IT Pros" ?! Kinda... If you give me app locker etc, it would be good... But who wants to spend additional CAD20.1030  rate: (1 CAD = 0.9959 USD) courtesy: http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/currency (it changes often!!) ?! :P

Blah! Canada suffers because Uncle Sam is not having enough generous real-life Uncle Scrooges... ;( Most miserly persons are misery persons... :(

"So, what are Windows Vista “Downgrade Rights”?

Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate have what Microsoft calls “Downgrade Rights.”
(not Premium?! here is the answer: "Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for instance, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights." -> from 7's though!)  Downgrade Rights means thatanyone with a Windows Vista Business or Windows Vista Ultimate operating system can downgrade to Windows XP Professional provided they have the media for Windows XP Professional. Customers may use one operating system at any single point in time (cannot run both operating systems simultaneously unless an additional license is purchased).( heck! we know that!!) For customers who decide to exercise Downgrade Rights on their own, however, please note that Dell will only support the factory-installed operating system. Windows Vista Home Basic and Windows Vista Home Premium do not have this option, as they are not capable of downgrading to Windows XP.

What does it mean for Dell to exercise “Downgrade Rights” for me? Where can I find this option?

When you are configuring your system online or through the help of one of our sales experts, you will have the opportunity to select which operating system you would like on your PC. When selecting your operating system, you will see an option called“Genuine Windows® Vista Business with Windows® XP Pro Downgrade Rights” and “Genuine Windows® Vista Ultimate with Windows® XP Pro Downgrade Rights.*

With these options, you may purchase the licensed rights to Windows Vista but have Dell factory install Windows XP Professional. You will also receive a backup media disc for Windows XP Professional as well as the media for Windows Vista so you can upgrade when you’re ready. Furthermore, with these options Dell will provide technical support for the factory-installed Windows XP Professional image and your licensed version of Windows Vista

* (-> which I think Dell does not with 7 ... I didn't see an option with "downgrade rights " in thelatest systems with 7 ... If it does, could you please send the link?! Even if it does, it is just a parsimonious pervert... ;P) blah blah blah!

Can I downgrade on my own?

Yes, you can as long as you have your own Windows XP Professional media (i.e. from a prior purchase)."( Wait a minute... Did they meanXP/Vista CD/DVD/ISO ?!) what does "prior purchase mean in this context?!) :-/) However, Dell’s standard policy is to provide technical support on the operating system that comes pre-installed on your PC.[No problem... With all due respect, your supportSUCKS ... anyways... :(] Dell does not encourage you to change your operating system on your own as this can be a complicated process.[I love complication and I do many things better than the technicians themselves! :)]

Well, just a final thought...

I CHOSE 7 PRO FOR TWO THINGS... ONE IS XP MODE AND THE OTHER IS "DOWNGRADE RIGHTS"

"

"OEM Versions of Windows 7 Eligible for Downgrade

• Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights toWindows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition.
  • Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for instance, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights ."

" the only operating system you might be able to downgrade to is Windows Vista." You arewrong ... Once again... Mr.Andre Da Costa <abbr class="affil"> MVP</abbr> ... :P

Sorry this didn't help.

ii don't know about 7 to xp... But here is an article with respect to Vista and XP ... http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/ap/topics/microsite/en/vista_xp_transistion?c=au&l=en&cs=aubsd1 (I know... It is for Australia... I think Dell is not partial... ;P)

May be, just go to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare: "If you use your PC for work, you'll wantWindows 7 Professional. " Heck! I just wantedWindows XP Mode ! haha So, I think it also applies toeveryone who has selected 7 Pro... Yeah, people likeme select Pro forXP mode and some richUncle Scrooges select Ultimate just forbragging purposes ... Bit locker?! Who want it?! True Crypt  FTW (4 teh w!n!) "Language Packs" Are you kidding me?! ;P "IT Pros" ?! Kinda... If you give me app locker etc, it would be good... But who wants to spend additionalCAD20.1030 rate: (1 CAD = 0.9959 USD) courtesy: http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/currency (it changes often!!) ?! :P

Blah! Canada suffers because Uncle Sam is not having enough generous real-life Uncle Scrooges... ;( Most miserly persons are misery persons... :(

"So, what are Windows Vista “Downgrade Rights”?

Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate have what Microsoft calls “Downgrade Rights.”
(not Premium?! here is the answer: "Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for instance, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights." -> from 7's though!)  Downgrade Rights means thatanyone with a Windows Vista Business or Windows Vista Ultimate operating system can downgrade to Windows XP Professional provided they have the media for Windows XP Professional.Customers may use one operating system at any single point in time (cannot run both operating systems simultaneously unless an additional license is purchased).( heck! we know that!!) For customers who decide to exercise Downgrade Rights on their own, however, please note that Dell will only support the factory-installed operating system. Windows Vista Home Basic and Windows Vista Home Premium do not have this option, as they are not capable of downgrading to Windows XP.

What does it mean for Dell to exercise “Downgrade Rights” for me? Where can I find this option?

When you are configuring your system online or through the help of one of our sales experts, you will have the opportunity to select which operating system you would like on your PC. When selecting your operating system, you will see an option called“Genuine Windows® Vista Business with Windows® XP Pro Downgrade Rights” and “Genuine Windows® Vista Ultimate with Windows® XP Pro Downgrade Rights.*

With these options, you may purchase the licensed rights to Windows Vista but have Dell factory install Windows XP Professional. You will also receive a backup media disc for Windows XP Professional as well as the media for Windows Vista so you can upgrade when you’re ready. Furthermore, with these options Dell will provide technical support for the factory-installed Windows XP Professional image and your licensed version of Windows Vista

* (-> which I think Dell does not with 7 ... I didn't see an option with "downgrade rights " in thelatest systems with 7 ... If it does, could you please send the link?! Even if it does, it is just a parsimonious pervert... ;P) blah blah blah!

Can I downgrade on my own?

Yes, you can as long as you have your own Windows XP Professional media (i.e. from a prior purchase)."( Wait a minute... Did they meanXP/Vista CD/DVD/ISO ?!) what does "prior purchase mean in this context?!) :-/) However, Dell’s standard policy is to provide technical support on the operating system that comes pre-installed on your PC.[No problem... With all due respect, your supportSUCKS ... anyways... :(] Dell does not encourage you to change your operating system on your own as this can be a complicated process.[I love complication and I do many things better than the technicians themselves! :)]

Well, just a final thought...

I CHOSE 7 PRO FOR TWO THINGS... ONE IS XP MODE AND THE OTHER IS "DOWNGRADE RIGHTS"

"

"OEM Versions of Windows 7 Eligible for Downgrade

• Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights toWindows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition.
  • Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for instance, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights ."

" the only operating system you might be able to downgrade to is Windows Vista." You arewrong ... Once again... Mr.Andre Da Costa <abbr class="affil"> MVP</abbr> ... :P

If you think you know so much, why in the world are you asking?

"Will Vista and XP accept 7's OEM key while activation?! Just wondering" OF COURSE NOT! What a stupid question. If you want to know about downgrade rights call Volume Licensing. Now that you have insulted a whole country and more, why not just go out and hunt some bears with your hockey stick and your skates on? Heck I usually stick to insulting just one person at a time.

Ron

Sorry this didn't help.

"If you think you know so much, why in the world are you asking?" I don't know this:

"can I go back and forth from 7 to vista and from vista to 7 if I have 7 product key?! The OEM version... Dell's... The one that came with my new XPS 1645... I just don't wanna sacrifice my 7 product key by downgrading... :) Will Vista and XP accept 7's OEM key while activation?! Just wondering... :) I'm not asking about Retail or Volume licenses... The OEM ones... :)""

Oh well, "Will Vista and XP accept 7's OEM key while activation?! Just wondering" OF COURSE NOT!" I didn't mean the exact key... It is a metaphor... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/metaphor Whatever key is provided while downgrading... I don't care...I wanted to confirm one thing... If I downgrade to Vista/XP, can I go back if I change my mind without giving additional C$$$$$ .... " If you want to know about downgrade rights call Volume Licensing." 

(wait a minute... Just now went to this website: http://www.kubuntu.org/news/10.10-release "It is also the first font to include the new Indian Rupee symbol." What?! "Indian symbol" ?! *googled* (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=indian+symbol&btnG=Search) oh! look! Wikipedia linked "Swastika" ! ..! wow! Should it happen to be "Nazi's" ?! I thought India was a secular country (like Canada! ;P) ... That's why I don't trust Wikipedia! :P) After that I realized... Swastika (even M$'s  Character Map is not having if i'm correct...!۝۝(what is that?! It looks like an ancient pot/urn!) kinda fat short taker urn!! :D :D :D) After that I realized this...  It is an ancient symbol denoting "symbol of plurality, eternity, abundance, prosperity and long life." link: http://www.religionfacts.com/buddhism/symbols/swastika.htm wow! Exactly opposite of Hitler... Though he had "abundance" (soldiers and firepower ... ammo!), "plurality" (Nazi Germany!), "eternity" (as dictionary.com says, "eternal existence, esp. as contrasted with mortal life" -> well, even after 65 years, more people know him than Gandhi (the opposite of Hitler?!) You can forget Alexander... But you can't forget Hitler and his hitmen!!) He is still living in the form of terrorists (Jihad (well, not sure about the actual one though...!) is the new Antisemitism!!) and other bad (not the slang! It means ":good ,great b :tough ,mean " according to m-w.com! woooow!!) people... :( Hey, what about Neo-Nazis?! ;P "prosperity" yeah, Hitler was very "prosperous" until his Soviet Russian tour/trip (wow! June 22, 1941! I'm June 23, 1991! :D :D :D) Note! United States of Americans (yup, not Americans... USA is not the only country in America... Go to my question: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgiwVnrlI.ylqu7IxenidAXBFQx.;_ylv=3?qid=20091021063142AA2Dy8A) Soviet Russia helped you to defeat Hitler!! But, Hitler is not a but(t)ler... He is a 'hit'ler...! LOL Well, off topic?! Wait a sec... I'll come to the point... Here is the rupee sign... http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/7/16/1279284321329/new-indian-rupee-006.jpg If a southern asian country has it's own symbol, then why shouldn't the great North (I don't use the word "white" because i'm not racial! :P) have it's own?! Wait a minute... Why many countries have the "equality sign" (€, ¥, ₡, ₩, ₮, ₦, ₤, ₴, and now, http://www.xe.com/gen/symbols/curSymbolINR.gif !) Well, I might have accidentally excluded some... sorry! :D Both Cent (¢) and USD ($) are having the inequality sign... ≠ (kinda...!) Well, practically, since every currency (mostly... at least!) is inequal (oh! Webster wants me to buy their " premium Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary" (!!)  it turns out, isn't in the free Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, where you just searched." Well, thanks no thanks! dictionary.com and http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Inequal have it for free! :P It is just an alternative word for "unequal" ... :P as http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Inequal says, "a statement indicating that the value of one quantity or expression is not equal to another, as in x ≠ y" well, it for mathematics... After all, Financial mathematics is also a financial subject I guess... Yup, mostly,  the value of one CURRENCY is not equal to another, as in x ≠ y" ... :D But CAD should have something unique or at least (funny like ₪) CAD must have something like rotating arrows (thanks MSE while scanning (http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/Maxence_Rex/rocketscience.jpg)... Rocket science! LOL Dunno why... It reminds be revolving electrons in an atom... http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/upload/2010/04/the_greatest_story_ever_told_-/237110_f520.jpeg

Well, even nuclear energy has a symbol like that I think... http://www.google.ca/images?q=nuclear energy symbol We all know Google's easter egg recursion (http://www.google.ca/search?q=recursion) but wikipedia has an exactly opposite easter egg... If you type "nuclear symbol" (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=nuclear+symbol), wikipedia will say like this:

Peacesymbols- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia    

The internationally recognizedsymbolfor peace was originally designed for the Britishnucleardisarmament movement by Gerald Holtom in 1958....
<cite>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_</cite> <cite>symbols</cite> -Cached - Similar wow!! Cool, isn't it?! LOL

At last, here is the answer...

|

|

|

V

(MS loves http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/Maxence_Rex/popeye.jpg) -> (popeye!!) Well, I think it is official... WindowsVistasucked/sucks (most people thought/think so... May be, at least for owners of low-end computers)... Because of that, many people [including my own sissie* (sorry! sister! :D)] wanted to downgrade to XP... So, because of thishuge ocean of hatred (Bieber, anyone?! Just have a look at his "Baby" (he calls his "baby" love "baby" because he is a "baby"... I call my lady love "Babe" because I'm a "gentle"man... (ah I'm just 19!) ! :P "355,845,794" views (an hour+ before it had355,009,141 views) (it didn't change if you refresh the page or if you visit aftersometime ... Did youtube lock?!)" "2,172,8xx comments" oh, ever wondered why I added "xx" instead of "numbers" ?! Just go that video and wait some 2 to 5 seconds... "11 (!) more comments since you started viewing" ... Click "show them" ... Are you recieving something like "4 more comments since you started viewing." ?! "update automatically" ... Awwwwwww!You'll be awestruck! Hardly you can read a comment fully without placing your pointer...! Well, most comments arerants !! 356,605 likes and 544,829 (wow!) dislikes! after sometime, 356,605 likes... But whooping 544,838 dislikes!) Currently(%) 356,738 likes and 545280 (wow!) dislikes! You too dislike him?! Shut up! He is a Canadian!! ;P That's why I have alove hate relationship instead ofhate to love relationship! xD)

(%) -> conditions apply!

So, jealous Vulturesdecided to prey innocent twittering (:P)house sparrowsby adding another option like “Genuine Windows® Vista Business with Windows® XP Pro Downgrade Rights” and “Genuine Windows® Vista Ultimate with Windows® XP Pro Downgrade Rights. Simple! Just to plunder some additional C$$$$$$$$$$$ ... CookieMonsters...(cookie monster (Sesame Street!) FTW... Eff Elmo!! :P)

But 7 has already overtook Vista in market share...(link:http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2010/08/windows-7-overtakes-windows-vista.ars)

So, I think these jealous vultures can't prey on like what they did during "Downgrade age(age of downgrades!): Dawn of the Visto(a)saurs"...

afterall, this is  Upgrade age: Dawn of the se7enosaurs... Since 7 isflashly(honestly it gives Mac OSX Snow Leopard a run for its money (it needs to get more transperent... Grey is gray (lacking cheer or brightness in mood, outlook, style, or flavor;also: dismal ,gloomy)courtesy: Webster... :Phaha)... even people using XP are kinda attracted towards 7 like flies swarming towards light... After all, lights are flashy too...:) That's why the hand held ones are called "flash"light! LOL XD Even I was kinda attracted to 7 before buying my new laptop (bought just few months before! 740 i7!) Tried hmmmmm your MVP askvg's ... But :( It did not suite my needs... Seven Tranformation pack?! messed my system and was forced to do a system restore though it won Softpedia (I still remember Site advisor's red flagging! kinda funny! LOL) Editor pick... Well, most of 'em (including MPlayer full version!) are good... That's how I found out/discovered MS' (Casino) "Royale" theme... I added "Casino" before "Royale" because that's my only (I think I didn't see "Gold Finger... I think I will... In the future... May be, Mr. craig is too tough to be bond... Personally I prefer Brosnan as Bond oh! Craig is also good! LOL) favo(u!)rite Bond movie... :) From the bottom of my heart, I hate luna(tic) theme... Even thought to buy Windows Blinds... Kinda cheap... Isn't it?! LOL But I love Royale theme (smooth edges, kinda adds flashy touch to XP... Even http://www.askvg.com/download-windows-xp-royale-blue-theme-for-windows-7/ says Royale Blue theme (Noir sucks! LOL) is good... wow! People using 7 want Royale Blue!! Kinda funny! Transparency is gone!! I like Royale theme with 7 like transparency for my XP Pro... :) Though i hate the "crown" ( http://preview.tinyurl.com/39kbcqo), I love this "Royale" Blue... :) :) :) :)

MS has done four good things... One is you know... extending period (both XP and downgrade (possibly upgrading after downgrading too...!) rights..), Royale theme for XP (though it is just a slight alteration of de(the)"fault"(y) Luna(tic) theme... MS keyboard... MS wired keyboard 500 black  (http://www.microsoft.com/canada/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=063) though space bar is kinda shaky... Many be... Because I played few games?! Hank 2010?! Madness?! Well, but "basic" optical mouse (http://www.microsoft.com/canada/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=009) sucks... It broke my nerves... :'( :'( :( oh! tears... :'( lol Currently using my laptop's mouse... So smooth... It doesn't break my nerves... MS' has good precision.... But it lacks smooth and soft clicks... But Dell's is kinda good... :) After spending thousands of CAD, all i got are a mouse, a 2 MP web (heck! I can't connect the web... :) camera and huuuuge 500 GB hard disk... :( :( :( Last but not the least... Our "rocket science", Microsoft Security Essentials... Also free for small business, huh?! http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mssmallbiz/archive/2010/09/22/announcing-microsoft-security-essentials-available-free-to-small-businesses-in-october.aspx I just wanna know more about Vista Business upgrade and downgrade rights... Thought to install XP... But :( http://preview.tinyurl.com/2fguyfq Dell is not providing the all important drivers for XP! :( :( :(

Well, it is a good move... Giving it for small business...

"

As we all know, small businesses are under incredible pressure to:

1. Reduce operating costs
  2. Improve productivity
  3. Grow their business
  4. Do all of this in a very challenging economic climate"

As We all now, people are getting smaller and smaller (financially...!) and the depression (* cough cough* ... sorry! "recession" ... LOL) in the USA and global recession is now "officially over"  http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2010/09/20/recession-over.html

But "Economic storm may not be past" "Ever feel like you’re living in the calm before the storm? That may be because you are." (ooooooooo! o_0) http://www.torontosun.com/comment/columnists/michael_dentandt/2010/10/08/15635951.html "

Jobs scarce, wages gains modest: TD says: http://www.thestar.com/business/article/870966--jobs-scarce-wages-gains-modest-td-says

World in grave danger of financial collapse, says Ken Clarke: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/oct/14/britain-danger-collapse-ken-clarke

"Britain's economy is at risk of a "double-dip" recession and may not recover fully for another five years, Kenneth Clarke warns tomorrow." http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/oct/02/kenneth-ken-clarke-economy-tory-conference

" If recession strikes the USA, Britain may follow" http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4242354&page=1

kinda old... But http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/06/01/say-goodbye-to-the-recovery/ ... So, the recession and it's after effects are not over... That's for sure!!

So, why not give 7 home premium (or at least 7 starter... vista home or even xp home!) just like GFI Backup 2009 ?!

I was almost down to tears while reading without my consciousness...

"To assist home PC users in these troubled economic times and to help them understand the importance of data backups, GFI Software is offering for free its newly-developed backup and recovery software GFI Backup 2009." http://www.gfi.com/backup-hm/free-backup-software Wow! Though I didn't/don't use it often, I didn't/won't uninstall it... :') (kinda funny emoticon, isn't it?! :( LOL) GFI is not doing it for publicity purposes... It is quite popular backup software... :)

And practically, MSE is not a freeware ... It forces to undergo WGA before installing a.k.a only available for the paid customers (like me!).... Windows is having lots of malware... So, MS should provide something free to protect their paid customers... I think they must (please!) make it available for big businesses too... :)

Well, 7 reminds me Comodo Internet Security "Premium" 2011 (come on, why do developers add extra one year wile naming?! LOL)... Both are flashy, powerful and useful... But with lots and lots of trouble... because of oh!-king! (pun intended!) amount of glitches and bugs... :( I think i'll upload series of videos/ recordings:  "Comodo the comical Commando - a serious documentary" !

*- Sissie is an affectionate term (Jack?! Jakie; Richard?! Rickie(?!); Nicole?! Nikki etc! Just like that, sister?! Sissie! :P) Ah well,http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sissy says it also means "alittle girl." which my elder sister (I have only one sister!) probably is (ahhh! According to me ... at least... LOL)... But our Webster (screw off Oxford... Webster is generous at least...) is not having that meaning:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sissy o-0 Well, afterall sissy is from sis(ter)... LOL

"If you want to know about downgrade rights call Volume Licensing." Mine is OEM... :P

" Now that you have insulted a whole country" May be, as you may know, I'm a (proud) Canadian... But it doesn't mean I'm a USA basher... :) http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/Maxence_Rex/Photo%20links/CanadaandUSAarefreinds.jpg May be, I compared Uncle Sam with uncle Scrooge... Just for fun! ;) Relax! LOL :)

"why not just go out and hunt some bears with your hockey stick and your skates on?" heck! Why should I hunt polar bears?! I'm an unofficial PETA member... :P If you are not supporting PETA, you will have PITA (simple! Pain in the <donkey!> hahaha!)

Though Canada is famous for polar bears (and sadly, polar bear hunting too... :(), I kinda... hmmm I like teddy (the Roosevelt ! LOL) bears (well, I love Pandas!) ... But I love pears, pandas (I miss them... They are only in China... :( :( :( They look like Polar bears and Teddy Bears... But they are Black and white... My thoughts are black and white (sharply defined) and I'm black and white (: evaluating or viewing things as either all good or all bad... Wait a minute... it says "black" and "white" but it writes like this: " sharply divided into "good" and "evil" instead of "bad" and "good" (no! not racial though! Just for a change, huh?! LOL:)}) Penguins (happy feet!), etc... :P

"hockey stick" I love WWE... Wrestling... :P Honestly, cricket is better than baseball though I don't know more about cricket... Just fast forwarded IPL (doesn't it remind England's "Premier League?! "America's got a talent", "Britain's (Wanna liberate Whales and others like Ireland!... :P) got a talent" just like that! LOL) ... I know only a few Indians... Gandhi, Dhoni (oh! Gandh's first name is Mohandas and Dhoni's is Mahindra I think...) and Sachin... I saw both Sachin and Dhoni while fast forwarding that clip!! wow! 4 hours long!!!!!) Wait a minute... Didn't Dhoni used to have long hair?! ?! ?! I haven't seen him for years... :( :( Oh well, this is head shaving season... Dhoni shaved (trimmed?!), Punk shaved (poor Punk! :(), of course... after having long hair for 3 to 4  years... I shaved my head... :( :( :( I didn't grow long hair by seeing others... I wanted... That's all... I felt kinda boring to have long hair and so I shaved... Look! Punk and Dhoni shaved too! LOL xD XD xD) Oh! Wait a minute... Who is "Rajinikanth" ?!

"SUPERSTAR Rajinikanth! The biggest movie star you've probably never heard of." http://www.slate.com/id/2267820/ woot?! Does he call himself "Superstar" ?!:( :( :( :( I don't know him before... But I think he is asia's Jim Carrey... LOL xD xD xD (I love his "Mask"... Though I don't smoke (I'm a straight edge even before knowing Punk!!), I rock! :P) It seems like he is another Chuck norris... "Indian message boards are alight with Rajinikanth jokes, the equivalent of Chuck Norris jokes. ("Rajinikanth was bitten by a cobra. After four days of intense suffering, the snake died.")"

wow!! "If a tiger had ____ (MS censored!! LOL) coitus! with a tornado and then their tiger-nado baby got married to an earthquake, their offspring would be Rajinikanth." So, is he funnier than Sr. Norris?! Ah well, here is the complete page: http://www.slate.com/id/2267820/pagenum/all/

"Heck I usually stick to insulting just one person at a time." Heck! But I usuallytrapmany at a time... ;( I feed on apex predators... So, keep 'em coming... :P :P :P :P :P

Hey, wait a minute... "Ron of Canada" so, you are also a Canadian!  ;P "Now that you have insulted a whole country and more" how?! I beg you... Please don't insult our country by blabbering... :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with Ron, I think know what to do.
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with Ron, I think know what to do.

You know what to do?! I didn't violate any terms and conditions...  http://www.microsoft.com/info/can-en/cpyright.mspx (hey, where is "o" after "c" ?! LOL) I even changed my pic to a public domain one! ;P Oh! I also changed to my name!! :P

Did I troll?! Nope! According to PCMag.com (http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=trolling&i=53181,00.asp#) , "trolling" has three meanings:

"(1) Surfing, or browsing, the Web. (we all do this, don't we?! :D)

(2) Posting derogatory messages about sensitive subjects on newsgroups and chat rooms to bait users into responding. (Where is Ron?! Read his answer...

" "Will Vista and XP accept 7's OEM key while activation?! Just wondering" OF COURSE NOT!What a stupid question . If you want to know about downgrade rights call Volume Licensing.Now that you have insulted a whole country and more, why not just go out and hunt some bears with your hockey stick and your skates on? Heck I usually stick to insulting just one person at a time. " So, he deliberately wanted to "insult" me, eh?! That's what dictionary.com says "derogatory" (tendingto lessen themerit or reputationof a personor thing) "what a stupid question" "insulted a whole country and more" "why not just go out and hunt some bears with your hockey stick and your skates on?" (wow!!) He also has talked about "sensitive" things including but not limited to: "hunting other animals" ... Did you watch 'The Cove' ?! Do you love when an innocent and friendly dolphin (if you ask me, dolphins are better than dogs! LOL) get killedin the extreme level of gore (a red sea (not the one in between asia and africa! LOL) a sea /ocean full of blood! definitely... whales and dolphins have more than our 5 liter/litre) After all, Polar Bears are "Vulnerable species" link: http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2006/05/01/polarbears060501.html At least... We must not eat/kill our "unofficial" national symbol, Polar Bear... Heck!  "Australians urged to eat kangaroo" (!): http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7645969.stm wait a minute... "Sheep and cows produce a high amount of environmentally unfriendly methane gas through belching and flatulence." wow!! What abouthumans ?! We all know... humans, the "ultimate" predators... The "most developed" "most important" creation of "god" destroy the environment a bajillion (!) times more than what innocent "sheep" and "cows" do... HUMANS "PRODUCE"THE HIGHEST AMOUNT OF ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE... Heck! We are even dared to cause "celestial damage" ... NASA kinda wanted to destroy moon: http://blogs.suntimes.com/shinyobjects/2009/10/nasas_new_moon_mission_ram_it_with_a_rocket_look_for_ice.html  Why not do a chemical reaction with Hydrogen and Oxygen?! Seen "Day after tomorrow" ?! There won't be water scarcity if we continue to increase global warming... I think the whole earth will be covered/submersed with water if polar caps melt... After all,  water bodies dominate our earth... :) Be prepared to witness "satellite meteorites" ..! because of "space pollution" http://www.economist.com/node/16843825 So, I think they are supporting "cannibalism" ?! Or should we resurrect "Colosseum" instead of watching "simulated" WWE ?! ) LOL

Posting derogatory messages about sensitive subjects on newsgroups and chat rooms to bait (toattract,tempt, or captivate. (dictionary.com!))users (me!) into responding. 

(3) Hanging around in a chat room without saying anything, like a "peeping tom." " Ah I don't do this...I'm verbose... I'm talkative... I'm witty... But these don't make me a "troll" ... Usually I don't offend people if they don't tempt me to do so... What does "spam" mean?!"tosend unsolicited electronic mail or textmessagessimultaneouslyto a number of e-mail addressesor mobilephones " I don't do this... May be, some paragraphs of my answers could be "off topic" ... But I'm mostly "on topic" too... May be, you may not have enough patience to read fully... But this doesn't mean I'm a troll or a spammer... " I'm verbose... I'm talkative... I'm witty..." Not all bulk messages are considered as "spam" ... People write a whole book discussing lots of things... But you can't call them "spammers" ... They cover lots of points... Even if you have patience and read fully, each and every thing I've typed here (everywhere too...!) areinterconnected ... e.g. I've talked about having a currency symbol for CAD... I've typed "CAD",  "C$$$$$$" many times here.. So, wouldn't it be good to have a single sign, eh?! Even in this post, I've talked about hmmm "whaling" and "killing and eating other animals" "destroying/ polluting both environmentally and celestially" because Ron wanted me to "hunt some polar bears with "my" hockey stick and "my" skates on" (!) Just like that, everything is interconnected... It is a network that is even more confusing than Navis' to mortals... xD xD xD xD

No! You can't expect Courage to sew ozone hole just like what he did in the episode "The Snowman Cometh" ...!

Sorry this didn't help.

Carey, Ronnie, could you please lock this thread.

Thank You.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Sorry this didn't help.

Carey, Ronnie, could you please lock this thread.

Thank You.

Not without answering my question: "
If I downgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Vista Business, can I go back to 7 if I want?! With the same OEM Product key?!"

ie. can I go back and forth from 7 to vista and from vista to 7 if I have 7 product key?! The OEM version... Dell's... The one that came with my new XPS 1645... I just don't wanna sacrifice my 7 product key by downgrading... :) Will Vista and XP accept 7's OEM key while activation?! Just wondering... :) I'm not asking about Retail or Volume licenses... The OEM ones... :)

Yeah, I've read http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/pages/downgrade_rights.aspx ... But I just wanna make it clear... Thank you! :) Mr.Andre Da Costa <abbr class="affil">MVP</abbr> ...

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 2,195 Applies to: