I cannot format my hard drive as it is not detected. How can I install Windows XP or Windows 7?

hi.i can format my laptop because the hdd can't detect.i cant format with xp vista and 7 can you help me.

hi.i can format my laptop because the hdd can't detect.i cant format with xp vista and 7 can you help me.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2018 Views 3,224 Applies to:
Answer
Try the following:

1. Put the Windows Windows 7 installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

Type: diskpart
Hit Enter
Then type: disk list
Hit Enter
Type: sel disc 0
Hit Enter
The type: clean
Exit the command prompt and restart the installation

In versions of Microsoft Windows Setup that are earlier than Windows 7 setup, hard disks are marked with distinct values to distinguish them. However, this method of distinguishing hard disks is no longer supported because of the potential for data corruption on hard disks.

Do you have more than one hard drive connected to your computer?

If you have two hard drives, remove the second hard drive and continue with the installation.

If that does not work, try to format the C: drive while installing the operating system.

You need to select the “format” option from “advanced” within Windows 7 installation.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.