How to obtain hotfix for issue with KB3076895

Hi, I have an issue with KB3076895 causing connectivity issues with Symantec End Point Protection Small Business Edition.  Symantec Support have advised that Microsoft are aware of the issue and have issued a hotfix as per below:

Microsoft has created an on-demand hotfix for the SEP SBE Loss of Connectivity issue caused by a regression in a recent Microsoft Update. To obtain this hotfix, please contact Microsoft Technical support and reference "Internal Article 3092401”.To assist Microsoft mention this is a regression from security update KB3076895 or provide this link http://bemis/8/Pages/3092401_

Symptoms related to this issue:
System Tray icon shows it’s in an unknown state
Policies are not being updated
Client GUI may not open
The Portal is not being updated with the status of the client

Sincerely,

The Symantec Customer Communications Team

How can I get a copy of the hotfix?  I tried to seek assistance from the Microsoft Answer Desk but the tech was unable to find the hotfix.  Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Answer
Answer

Most of the support volume reaching Microsoft to date affects Windows 7 / W2K8 R2.

To address that, the Windows Servicing team released MSKB 3090303, on-demand fix which is being published externally as we speak.

Microsoft Support Professionals can send MSKB
3090303 on behalf of any commercial or consumer support case opened today and beyond.

Once the URL for MSKB
3090303 fully publishes and resolves externally, customers will be able to directly download the fix in
MSKB 3090303.

The installation of KB
3090303 may require a reboot on some systems and definitely triggers a reboot on systems that have Microsoft Defender and likely other security software installed.

Computers that have never installed KB 3076895 may safely install KB
3090303  and any post-
3090303 updates to avoid known symptoms caused by the installation of KB3076895.

Fixes for all other affected Windows client and server OS versions will be distributed after September 1
st, 2015 under a different article #.

All references to
Bemis article # 3092404 and its internal URL should instead refer to KB 3090303 as the resolving fix for Windows 7 / Windows Serve 2008 R2 computers.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 11, 2019 Views 1,753 Applies to: