Get RSAT + "Gpedit.MSC" for Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Hi, I had an error lately where I couldn't activate my Visio 2010 having this error: (0x80070005). I found out that this is a group policy problem and I need a program called "gpedit.msc". Some further assistance would be appreciated for this error.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I tried to install RSAT, (actually there were four files gpedit.msc but they had no Snap-In) because I thought that this problem then would help me continue fixing my error.

So where can I get RSAT for Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 + "Gpedit.MSC"?

Question Info

Last updated December 18, 2019 Views 2,271 Applies to:
That is a generic kind of error code. What is the exact text that goes along with it.  Here is one possible fix for that code:
Code 80070005 Error: FAILED TO REGISTER PLUGIN. HRESULT: 0x80070005

http://blogs.technet.com/b/odsupport/archive/2010/12/30/troubleshooting-office-installation-failures.aspx  

GPEDIT.MSC is the Control Panel applet. If you type that in the Start menu search window and press enter it should start for you.
95% of the Ocean is undiscovered.
You can’t tell me Mermaids don’t exist,
Yet ...
( ☉ д ☉ )

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well I know GPEDIT.MSC is a control panel applet, But When I search it in the start menu it isn't found. In the run application, Windows can't find GPEDIT.MSC so that's why I think i have to install it as I think it is lost but, When I search in the C:/ Drive it finds four gpedit.msc, two in C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.... and two in C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64... But when I open them it says MMC could not create snap-in. That's why I think RSAT can install Snap-in and I can activate snap-in from Windows Features. Thanks in advance..

If I need RSAT is there a version for Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 as when I tried to install it is said that my windows version isn't appicable or something like that...

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the version we installed for my sons IT work he does at home and it works fine for us.

RSAT Tools for Windows 7

You aren't going to be able to run it on Home Premium.

EDIT:

A complete wording of your error would help. There is no reason to install RSAT tools for an activation problem with Visio. One thing that comes to mind is what version you're trying to install, 32bit or 64bit. The 32bit version is more user friendly.

Just exactly in detail what are you doing to activate and a detailed result?

Sorry this didn't help.

I bought Visio 2010 and installed it on my laptop as it worked fine. Now, I lost the CD but I still have the Serial Key / Product Key. When I tried to install the Visio 2010 it was installing 64 Bit, as my computer is but my Other Office 2010 is in 32 Bit. So I went to an another website to install Visio 2010 and I entered the Key and it worked fine but when I went to activate it was saying this error: 0x80070005. Now I saw it was a group policy problem so I had to go to GPEDIT.MSC.... My Quote:

"Well I know GPEDIT.MSC is a control panel applet, But When I search it in the start menu it isn't found. In the run application, Windows can't find GPEDIT.MSC so that's why I think i have to install it as I think it is lost but, When I search in the C:/ Drive it finds four gpedit.msc, two in C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.... and two in C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64... But when I open them it says MMC could not create snap-in. That's why I think RSAT can install Snap-in and I can activate snap-in from Windows Features. Thanks in advance..

If I need RSAT is there a version for Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 as when I tried to install it is said that my windows version isn't appicable or something like that..."

Sorry this didn't help.

Right sorry. GPEDIT probably isn't part of Windows Home Premium, since it isn't designed for corporate networks where a "Group Policy Editor" would normally be used.

For the rest, I go with what Charlie said.

95% of the Ocean is undiscovered.
You can’t tell me Mermaids don’t exist,
Yet ...
( ☉ д ☉ )

Sorry this didn't help.

I would suggest that you uninstall the 64bit version and install the 32bit version, Mixing bit versions in Office products is not a good idea. Here's a link to all the Visio downloads:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-visio-2010-3264-bit-premium-trial-and-all-editions-retail/

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer: Well my error code was: 0xC004C032 (It changed) and I found out that its answer was here; Click HERE to see topic. Now I'm having an another error which is explained below:

Error code: 0x80072EFD something to do with internet connectivity.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well the actual error code for this is: 0xC004C032. The error code is explained detailed in the Microsoft website; Click HERE. This is the ANSWER.

Sorry this didn't help.

So, did you get activated?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I had an error lately where I couldn't activate my Visio 2010 having this error: (0x80070005). I found out that this is a group policy problem and I need a program called "gpedit.msc". Some further assistance would be appreciated for this error.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I tried to install RSAT, (actually there were four files gpedit.msc but they had no Snap-In) because I thought that this problem then would help me continue fixing my error.

So where can I get RSAT for Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 + "Gpedit.MSC"?

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.