Event ID 11 - Source: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit

Windows 7, all updates, been working for weeks, no new hardware or software added.

2 times out 5 my machine will boot the user selection screen.. I select my users account (full admin) I enter my password and the screen goes black and never fully boots into Windows.

The only issue I can see in my event log is

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date:          16/11/2009 21:09:31
Event ID:      11
Task Category: None
Level:         Warning
Keywords:     
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      Daves-PC
Description:
Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Wininit" Guid="{206F6DEA-D3C5-4D10-BC72-989F03C8B84B}" />
    <EventID>11</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-11-16T21:09:31.120446000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4790</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="552" ThreadID="584" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Daves-PC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="StringCount">1</Data>
    <Data Name="String">C:\PROGRA~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\x64\sbhook64.dll</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Question Info

Last updated October 25, 2019 Views 79,257 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I have this problem too. I have Comodo Internet Security Premium.

I remeber I had guard64.dll (guard32.dll for x86 bit users) from Comodo av in Data name before, but now after formatting and reinstalling Windows I have this

<Data Name="StringCount"
<Data Name="String

This solution worked for me:

The warning is removed by restoring the following registry key to the default value of "0"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\LoadAppInit_DLLs

there is also

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\LoadAppInit_LoadAppInit_DLLs   for x64 bit users. I disabled only upper string.

If a program loads a DLL via AppInit it will set LoadAppInit_DLLs to "1". Problem is that when the program is uninstalled it may not change it back to "0" thus the error, regardless of whether any DLLs are actually being loaded via AppInit.

I set it to 0, restarted my computer, because this happens only at booting and warning is gone.

This solution was provided by jmorlan from dslreports. Thank you.

Edit:

A have done some more investigation on this problem, and many people say that you shouldnt disable LoadAppInit_DLLs (disable= set to 0) and if you recognize plugin wich is loaded, that its better to ignore that warning message, then disabling LoadAppInit_DLLs. If AppInit_dlls is empty then you can safely set LoadAppInit_DLLs to 0
In my case I have

<Data Name="StringCount"
<Data Name="String

So my AppInit_dlls are empty, and I can safely set LoadAppInit_DLLs to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLL

AMD RYZEN 2600 | GIGABYTE B450M DS3H | XFX RX 580 8 GB GTS BLACK EDITION | Patriot VIPER 16GB DDR4 3000MHZ | Transcend M.2 PCIe 110S 512GB | Seagate BARRACUDA 2 TB 256 MB, 7200RPM | Windows 10 Pro x64

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi dgjlee,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Answers! 

This issue seems to occur due to Kaspersky Internet Security installed on your computer. 

If Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 is installed on your computer, the process of rating Windows Vista / Windows 7 performance cannot be successfully completed. The following error can appear during the process:

In order to eliminate the problem on OS Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32-bit), perform the following actions:

1.    Open the main application window of Kaspersky Internet Security.

2.    In the right upper corner click the Settings link.

3.    In the left part of the Settings window select the Options item .

4.    In the right part of the window uncheck Enable Self-Defense.

5.    In the right lower corner click the OK button.

6.    Close the main application window picture.

7.    Open the folder where the application's files are located. By default: C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

8.    Rename the files mzvkbd3.dll and Kloehk.dll in the folder C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. You can use any file name, for example, mzvkbd30.dll and Kloehk0.dll

9.    Enable the application Self-Defence.

10.  Re-run the process of rating your computer's performance going to Start - Control Panel - System and Maintenance - Performance Information and Tools and then clicking the Update my score link (for Windows 7: the link is Re-run the assessment).

In order to eliminate the problem on OS Windows Vista / Windows 7 (64-bit), perform the following actions:

1.    Open the main application window of Kaspersky Internet Security.

2.    In the right upper corner click the Settings link

3.    In the left part of the Settings window select the Options item

4.    In the right part of the window uncheck Enable Self-Defense

5.    In the right lower corner click the OK button

6.    Close the main application window picture.

7.    Open the folder where the application's files are located. By default: C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010.

8.    Rename the files Sbhook64.dll and Kloehk.dll in the folder C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. You can use any file name, for example, Sbhook640.dll and Kloehk0.dll

9.    Enable the application Self-Defence

10.  Re-run the process of rating your computer's performance going to Start - Control Panel - System and Maintenance - Performance Information and Tools and then clicking the Update my score link (for Windows 7: the link is Re-run the assessment).

For more information visit the following link:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280937

Regards,

Divya R – Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.