Error: NO EMULATION SYSTEM TYPE 00 on Windows 7 installation

Original title: NO Emulation, system type 00

I have tried to install Windows 7 Ultimate from Vista and I have been having the hardest time!! Upon installation, when the computer restarts, I get an error msg saying NO EMULATION SYSTEM TYPE 00, and another for 01. Why does this come up??

Also, the install will continue through to completion, but then says that my install was unsuccessful and not to restart the system.  What should I do? HELP

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2019 Views 25,213 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

1. What type of installation are you performing?
2. Is it custom install or upgrade install?

One of the forum users fixed this issue by following these steps:
a. Remove the Windows 7 DVD and restart the computer.
b. Insert the Windows 7 DVD and check if the installation completes successfully.

If you are using the SATA (Serial-AT Attachment) drive, I would suggest you to disable the SATA controllers from the BIOS which will load the IDE (Integrated Drive Electronics) controllers.

Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) mode on SATA hard drive also requires appropriate drivers in. Disable AHCI or change SATA mode to Integrated Drive Electronics (IDE) emulation mode in BIOS so that SATA hard drive will work as just a normal hard drive utilizing native SATA driver in Windows.

BIOS DISCLAIMER: Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Refer the manufacturer’s manual to do the same in BIOS. See BIOS: frequently asked questions

You may now go ahead and perform the installation. If you are using the RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks or Redundant Array of Independent Disks), download the drivers for it from the manufacturer’s website and then go ahead and perform the installation.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.