Clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium x64 without install disk.

Hello,

I recently purchased a Toshiba notebook with a preloaded version of Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.  It did not come with a Windows installation disk.  I want to reformat the hard drive and put a clean version of the same os on.   Right now my only solution is to find someone with a disk,  or an iso.  Which is proving more difficult than I thought.   Is it possible to make an image of Win 7 from Win 7 without having to make an image?

I also own a copy of Windows 7 pro x64.  Can I use this disk to install,  with the Win 7 Home Premium key?

Thanks

FatherFinch

Question Info

Last updated October 14, 2018 Views 35,829 Applies to:
Answer

You need to contact Toshiba about obtaining a Recovery Disk set.

Toshiba recovery disk:
http://laptopforums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/Recovery-media/m-p/9148#U9148

You cannot use a Windows 7 Professional disk because the Home Premium key is OEM which coded to work with a OEM Home Premium installation in addition to the obvious difference in editions.

Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin |Notebooks | Microsoft MVP
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

If you wish to perform a "clean install" of Windows 7 Home Premium, you'll need to purchase Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.  Using someone else's Windows 7 disc is not permitted under the terms of the Microsoft Softrware License Agreement.

Q.  I also own a copy of Windows 7 pro x64. Can I use this disk to install, with the Win 7 Home Premium key?

A.  No

Carey Frisch

Windows Expert - Consumer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.