Black Screen with the notification that your software is not genuine.

I am receiving a message that I may have been a victim of software piracy. I cannot see the Start button. I can only see a black screen and the said notification. I was told that one way to resolve this is to activate Windows 7. I have a valid product key. How can I Activate without the Start button. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Answer
Answer
If your Windows 7 installation is reporting it is not genuine, you should actually be greeted by the following screen and you should still be able to access the desktop:

Activating Windows

Activating Windows is one of the easiest task you will ever do. Contrary to what some persons say, it’s not intrusive or annoying. In fact, if you purchase a new computer with Windows 7 pre-installed, it’s most likely already activated for you at the factory. If you purchase a retail boxed license and upgrade to Windows 7, the operating system will automatically attempt Internet Activation after 3 days as long as you are connected to the Internet. If not, you are given a 27 day grace period within which to Activate Windows.

What happens if you don’t Activate Windows?

If you choose not to activate Windows, the operating system will go into what is called Reduced Functional mode. Meaning, certain functionality will be disabled.

Benefits you gain from activating:

- Access to all Windows Updates with confidence that your Windows software has the latest security and reliability enhancements from Microsoft.

- Support for your software, including downloads reserved exclusively for genuine Windows software.

A Windows 7 installation in Reduced functional mode (notice the watermark at the right hand corner).

If you don’t activate your Windows software

- You will be prompted every time you log in to Activate.

- You will receive periodic prompts to activate your software.

- Certain visual experiences will be disabled such as the Windows Aero Glass theme.

How to Activate Windows by Internet.

Activating Windows 7 manually is very simple. First of all, you need to make sure you have a working Internet connection. Once that is confirmed, go on to the next step.

Click Start, type Activate Windows

Hit Enter on your Keyboard

Click Activate Windows Online Now

Activation in progress

To confirm your genuine license, view Windows Activation in System Properties:

Within seconds you should be automatically activated. If not, there are a number of factors that could be preventing you from activating. It is possible Microsoft Activation Servers are overwhelmed at the moment. Give it some time and try again later. Again, you could be running a non-genuine installation or using a black listed product key. We will find out more about this later in the article.

How to Activate Windows by telephone

If you don’t have a working Internet connection, on the Activate Windows screen, click Show me other ways to activate

Click Use automated phone system

Select your Country, then click Next

Use the toll free number and hold on to speak with a customer agent. If you don’t, you will use the automated phone system instead.

http://notebooks.com/2010/12/28/how-to-resolve-common-windows-activation-problems/
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 28, 2023 Views 1,670 Applies to: