after clonning a windows 7 pre-installed hdd to an ssd drive, key/activation status and legality
can i clone my windows 7 pre-installed laptop hdd to an ssd drive and then can i use that clon ssd on same laptop wihtout losing my key/activation? after clonning can i delete windows datas on hdd and then can i use that hdd on another purpose when it
has no windows on it?
is this process illegal for windows 7 or not?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
1) Click Start, and in the Search box type: slui.exe 4
2) Next press the 'ENTER' key
3) Select your 'Country' you are located in from the drop down list.
4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.
5) Stay on the phone *** do not select/press any options *** and wait for a person to help you.
6) Explain your problem clearly to the support person.
7) The support person should give you a confirmation ID, copy it down on paper,
8) Verify the ID is correct by reading back to the support person.
9) Enter the ID number and click 'Next' to finish the activation process.
Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.
I would like to inform you that, when you make a significant hardware change to your computer, such as upgrading the hard disk and memory at the same time, you might be required to activate Windows again. And now that you are changing the complete
hard drive, it would be detected as a new computer. Thus, you can't use the same Windows product key to activate Windows 7 on more computers than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. Usually, the license terms allow the product key to be used on only