Windows 7 upgrade version questions

ok i have a windows 7 ultimate upgrade  that i bought at staples,on my old toshiba laptop that has a broken screen, so i wanted to buy a new one but the only thing is i was saving for a imac and wanted a moc os x and a windows 7 os now that you know my situation this leads me to my questions

1.Can i move the product key from my old broken laptop to a new one (like in question 2)

2.Can i do a clean install on a mac using bootcamp and use the product key from my old laptop that broke from above with the upgrade windows 7 ultimate.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 659 Applies to:
Answer

Question #1) Yes you can move the Windows 7 upgrade product key to the new PC, phone activation may be required.

#2) No if the old laptop had an OEM product key then that product key is tied to the Laptop and can not be moved.

JS
http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

for question 2 it is the windows 7 upgrade version that i want to do a clean install on a mac using bootcamp.As far as telling if its a OEM version i don't know but  i think since the answer for question 1 was yes i can move the product key then question 2 would be yes.I dont know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.