When installing: Missing Cd/DVD device driver ("A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing)

I keep getting this on the install screen with the digital river home iso install. Any work arounds?

Question Info

Last updated October 13, 2018 Views 103,365 Applies to:
Answer
I managed to fix my problem in a different way as per Kevin Hau's solution, I used a USB to install Windows 7 as the disc was basically too worn, its a brand new in the box disc too.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Here's another step I would like to try.  Some people have reported that there's an update for ATAPI driver that might need to be installed.

I checked on Windows Update Catalog for the ITE IT8211 ATA ATAPI Controller driver and I found it at this link.

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=ata+atapi

You may have to install the ActiveX, then hit the link again to get the search results or just search on "ata atapi".

Once you ge tthe results, we need to sort them by "Last Updated" to get the most recent version.  Click the "Last Updated" column header to sort the list.

ITE Tech. Inc. - Storage - ITE IT8211 ATA ATAPI Controller

Windows 7 Client,Windows Vista

Drivers (Other Hardware)

5/14/2008

This is the one that we need.  Version 1.3.4.3. 

THERE IS A 32 BIT VERSION AND A 64 BIT VERSION, MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT ONE.  CLICK THE LINK ON THE LEFT TO OPEN THE DETAILS, YOU SHOULD SEE THE FOLLOWING:

Description: ITE Tech, Inc. Storage software update released in May, 2008

Architecture: X86 <----- this is how to identify 32/64 bit

Classification: Drivers

Supported products: Windows 7 , Windows Vista

Supported languages: English

click "Add" to add it to your download basket, then in the top right click "View Basket"  Just below "View Basket" click Download and specify a folder to save it to, I suggest DESKTOP.

Click Continue, then click Close.  You should have the following Folder on your desktop:

ITE Tech. Inc. - Storage - ITE IT8211 ATA ATAPI Controller

Inside that folder is a single CAB file, which is just like a ZIP file or a RAR file, it's compressed.

Open the CAB file and extract the contents to a USB drive, then try inserting the USB drive when you receive the CD/DVD driver error.

I haven't tried this solution, but I thought I would see if it helps anybody as per RJCE Support's post above.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS!!  IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY IF IT WORKS!!!

Thanks,

If you find that my answer was what you were looking for, please remember to click the "mark as answer" box below!
I'm a PC!

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.