Load Driver - A required CD/DVD drive driver is missing - Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit (retail DVD)

I tried to do fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version (pls don't recommend 32 bit, as 64 bit support is the main reason for me to switch to win7) on my home pc and installer is requesting for additional driver. I've seen similar problems in other forum threads, however responses does not realy help me.

My HW configuration is:
MSI P35 Platinum + Q6600 + 4 GB RAM + few SATA HDDs + NVIDIA GeForse 9800 GTX,

I've downloaded all latest drivers from MSI site. I even manage to extract drivers, which require installation (such as all INF drivers, etc). However, windows installer is rejecting all drivers (it allows to select driver but throwing "No new driver found" message after I press "Next" button).

So, here is summary of my bigest frustration:
1. Why Windows 7 installer rejects all latest drivers?
2. Why Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor is saying that all devices on my computer are Windows 7 compatible (on 64 bit report)
3. Why Windows 7 installer DOES NOT MENTION DEVICE WHICH REQUIRES NEW DRIVER!!???????
4. If Microsoft is planning to run QA on its customers I'd like to get my fees!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated June 26, 2018 Views 3,602 Applies to:
Answer
Finally!!! I managed to install Windows 7!!!!

Here is my solution:

1. I prepared flash drive installation (more details here: http://www.blogsdna.com/2016/how-to-install-windows-7-from-usb-drive-without-windows-7-iso-dvd.htm, there is one small error in description - "mbrwiz /disk=X /active=X" should be replaced with "mbrwiz /disk=X /active=1")

2. Tried to boot from my flash drive and it didn't fly (black screen with blinking cursor, no installer)

3. I booted from CD (with inserted flash drive) and .... TA-DA!!!! Setup automaticaly detects my flash drive and picks up setup files from it!!!!

4. Now I'm stuck at installation of all critical and optional updates, but it's another story...

Good luck with installation!!!

P.S. recommendation to Microsoft - include read-only flash-drive with setup files into retail package of Windows 7! It realy helps!!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.