Question

Q: Flashing when I use IE8 and Windows 7 RC

There appears to be some instability with IE8 when I browse since I have loaded Windows 7 RC. I also think that the problem may have started when I did a deletion of temp files and old Vista files. I really love the new Windows 7 RC so far especially compared to Windows Vista Ultimate. Also, what is available for the new Windows Touch as far a hardware and will I need anything else to accompany it that is not included in Windows 7 RC? My computer is a Dell Lattitude 131L with a Athelon 64 bit processor. What is the real differences or advantages with the 32 bit and the processors and the 64 bit processor? Which should I really use? I have both RC copies on seperate disks with thier product key so either one can be installed. Thanks for any answers to my exhaustive questioning.

Scott

Answer

A:

The 32 bit version as far as I know will only support up to 3 GB of RAM as where the 64 bit will support much much more and will take full advantage of any 64 bit processor. I have 4 GB of RAM installed and recoginized by 64 bit RC1, but my Vista 32 bit Home Premium only recognizes 3 GB. 

I also marked my disks w/ key code but durring install it said it was invailid so I skipped it untill the install was finished got online, got a new key code and activated it then. Not sure why it didn't take durring the install? Good luck!
HP dv9535nr Triple Boot: XP Pro, Vista, Windows 7 RC1

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,345 Last updated: March 23, 2018 Applies to: