Blank Hard Drive for Wondows 7

I just had a new hard drive installed on this PC.  I asked the tech to install Windows 7 instead of Vista.  Windows 7 is over whelmingly great in every aspect!  The graphics, sounds, music and pictures are everything one could even hope to have.
  My main concern is when Microsoft takes Windows 7 RC from my hard drive - what am I going to end up with?Nothing?  A blank screen?  Anyone and everyone who might know what I should do, please answer this as it does have me worried.  Should I put another version of Windows on the PC now or just wait for the sale of Windows 7?
Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,  JudyTW

Question Info

Last updated March 23, 2018 Views 1,225 Applies to:
Answer
Hi!

First of all, you shouldn't use Win7 RC1 as your primary OS on your main computer (maybe even work computer) because it's still in beta/RC stage. It's meant for people to try out and get to know, to tinker and experiment. not as a stable work environment, as you might run the risk of losing critical data. Imagine some obscure bug turns up or you install incompatible hard-/software with unforeseeable consequences and end up having to reinstall the OS without having made a backup first, for instance.

AFAIK (and only IIRC), march 2010, Win7RC1 will shut down every two hours and in june 2010 will not work at all anymore. So this should give you plenty of time to buy the final version of Win7 when it's released, which is ATM rumoured to be sometime this holiday season, though nothing really official or concrete has been said about that.

Edit: corrected the months bihourly shutdown and deactivation will take place
edit 2:reverted edit nr.1 - I need to go to bed...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.