I am currently using a Windows XP - chinese edition. I bought it overseas a few years ago.
I wonder how well Windonws 7 can support chinese? At the early years of Windows XP, an english version was not compatible with chinese websites and documents. And the language pack only did the very basic things - it just did not work. I had
to look for a chinese version.
So, my questions will be:
Can Windows 7 do the same work as XP does?
Can it display chinese naturally?
Or Do i have to find a chinese version?
Furthermore, does the student upgrade offer do the same thing as the normal version?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate
Type Anytime Upgrade in the Search programs and files box in the Start menu and click on the Windows Anytime Upgrade icon. From there, you can buy an Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. Then your can enter your Anytime Upgrade product key and perform a
simple upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate so you can install a different language. All programs and files will stay on the computer.
Windows Anytime Upgrade is only available for online purchase in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. If you're in a different country check local
stores and see if it's available. If you can't buy an Anytime Upgrade you will need to buy Windows 7 Ultimate, or buy Windows 7 in the language you need.
Install New Multilingual User Interface (MUI) in Windows 7 Ultimate:
1. Start -> All Programs --> Windows Update --> Optional Updates.
2. Open optional Updates and go to the section Windows 7 Language Packs.
3. Tick the Multilingual User Interface (MUI) you want and click OK
4. Proceed with Install Updates
How to change the Windows 7 Display Language:
1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region / Change the display language
2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language drop down menu.
3. Click OK
4. Log off for the changes to take effect (This will affect only the user profile under which you are currently logged on).