Question

Q: Win 7 Ultimate Licenses

I am looking to upgrade to win 7 ultimate 64 bit, but here is my problem. After buying win 95,98,ME,XP (several copies) and Vista(several copies) Bill Gates can just kiss my  big fat a**. I am not going to cough up $199 bucks a pop to upgrade 3 desktops and 1 laptop. He made enough off me on Vista that he is lucky he does not get sued for coming out with another OS this soon.
So here is the crust of the biscuit. There are several people selling licenses for Win 7 Ultimate on ebay for less than $50 buck a pop.
Installation media is around the same price. So what gives with this??? Is it possible to install win 7 and get it activated for less than a $100 bucks. I am using the RC of win 7 and kinda like it but $800 bucks  not a freakin frackin snowballs chance in ____
of that bullsh*t.

Anyone tried to go the cheap route and have any success?????

realwraith

Answer

A:

The reason why Windows 7 keys are so cheap on eBay is because they are illegal. To see many threads about this, in the "Search Forums" box above search for: ebay key

To buy Windows 7 legally:
http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Windows-Windows-7/category/102

If you don't want to pay that much you can buy Home Premium instead of Ultimate, it's much cheaper.

Have Questions About Installing Windows 7?
FAQ - Common Windows 7 Installation Questions & Answers
MCC 2011

TrekDozer

Sharing bits of knowledge.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 345 Last updated: March 20, 2018 Applies to: