Question

Q: Beta upgrade This thread is locked from future replies

Hmm.. so.. this beta version ran out yesterday and i just got my upgrade license thingie.. skipping around the net i realised that it's not possible to activate windows 7 beta like you would windows 7 home premium to proffesional for example.. i wasn't given any cd with this upgrade license, just a cd key - what am i to do? 

i could ofcourse just buy another version of windows that has a cd. then again.. wasting 100$ ain't my favorite thing to do..

Can i download an image of the cd from your website? i saw some rather complicated solutions around the net and i can't really be bothered with them to be honest

Hope you can help

Edit: Reading a bit more on your website it seems it was made so on purpose, not being able to upgrade that is..?

Answer

A:

You state: "i wasn't given any cd with this upgrade license, just a cd key - what am i to do?"

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do without a genuine Windows 7 installation disc.  I would suggest that you try and get a refund from the seller of the Windows 7 upgrade product key, then purchase a genuine "full version" edition of Windows 7 and perform a "clean install".  You can purchase Windows 7 from the

Microsoft Store.

Carey Frisch
Windows Expert - Consumer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Carey,

If the product key is valid and not a conterfeit key then the Windows 7 .ISO file can be downloaded.

JS
http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 331 Last updated: March 20, 2018 Applies to: