Windows 7 upgrade

Hey guys I bought a Windows 7 professional Upgrade that comes with just the product key and not the  OEM disc. That bring me to my question I have two laptops and one desktop computer. one of the notebooks runs windows vista home premium and the other runs windows vista home basic and on my desktop I'm running windows xp home edition. How can I upgrade to windows 7 professional on these computers. Also on how many computers can you use the windows 7 upgrade key till you have to purchase another key. Please help me guys as I'm a newbie when it comes to computers but I want to learn more about them. Please help!!!!

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 659 Applies to:
Answer
Okay If I have a windows 7 professional disc and the license is not valid anymore, can use the product key from the windows 7 Anytime upgrade package to install windows.

Why is the license not valid anymore? Licenses don't expire.

A Windows 7 "Anytime Upgrade" key can't be used to move from Vista/XP to Windows 7. You need to buy the retail Windows 7 Upgrade product not the "Anytime Upgrade."

Have Questions About Installing Windows 7?
FAQ - Common Windows 7 Installation Questions & Answers
MCC 2011

TrekDozer

Sharing bits of knowledge.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Hey guys I bought a Windows 7 professional Upgrade that comes with just the product key and not the  OEM disc. That bring me to my question I have two laptops and one desktop computer. one of the notebooks runs windows vista home premium and the other runs windows vista home basic and on my desktop I'm running windows xp home edition. How can I upgrade to windows 7 professional on these computers.
If it doesn't have a disk you bought the wrong product. If the product you have is Windows 7 "Anytime Upgrade" you can't use that to move from Vista/XP to Windows 7. You need to buy the retail Windows 7 Upgrade product not the "Anytime Upgrade."

Windows 7 "Anytime Upgrade" is for moving from one version of Windows 7 to a higher version, like Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional.

http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Windows-Windows-7/category/102

Also on how many computers can you use the windows 7 upgrade key till you have to purchase another key.
If you purchase one (1) retail Windows 7 edition, you may install and activate it on just one (1) computer at a time. You will need to buy a second license/key to install Windows 7 on a second computer. There is no discount on a second license if you already have a license.

http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Windows-Windows-7/category/102

Have Questions About Installing Windows 7?
FAQ - Common Windows 7 Installation Questions & Answers
MCC 2011

TrekDozer

Sharing bits of knowledge.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.