Invalid product key

i'm trying to get help online or chat from microsoft and enterting my product ID for the upgrade i made from windows vista to windows 7 home premium...it is saying my product id is invalid which is ____ because i activated it and it said activation was successful.  i rebooted machine and tried again.  looked at SYSTEM to see what product key was entered and it still has old one.  entered new one again, activated, AGAIN, sucessfully and still this product key is not working when i enter it into the help forum.
I need help because windows 7 keeps recognizing an unknown device usb - on and off and on and off and on and off. i have disabled it, i have deleted it. it keeps coming back.  AND media center is not working. keeps looking for a freaking tuner - it will work on reboot but then if it goes to sleep or is on for awhile it stops viewing LIVE TV (which i'm getting from my satellite stb hooked up). have to reboot and often reconfigure the TV signal to get it to work - and that is if it agrees that the UNITED STATES is the right region for media center to operate in!?!?!  i'm losing my marbles please help.

can i just go back to my old system

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 392 Applies to:
Answer

You need to make sure your BIOS and Chipset drivers are all updated.

Also, check to make sure all the components if you are using a desktop computer are all seated properly in the system.

Scan your system for any malicious code.

Check for any patches or updated drivers for your TV Tuner.

1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
       User Account Control permission
       If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
   2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
   3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
   4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
   5. Click OK.
   6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
   7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.

Andre Da Costa http://adacosta.spaces.live.com | http://www.activewin.com | Microsoft MVP
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.