Re-Install Win 7 Home premium 64 bit

Hello-

I have a legitimate copy of Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit from an OEM Dvd installation, with registerd product key. I installed such some months back. I understand that with this OEM copy that it was good for use only once. My situation is this: My hard drive is on the verge of going south even as I write this. Is there any chance that Microsoft could do something to help me do a re-install, I am in my late 60's and have only a modest disability income. Any help and direction is appreciated.

Thank You

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 474 Applies to:
Answer

You've been misinformed, you can install OEM on the same computer as many times as you want.

You May Need To Call Microsoft Using Manual Phone Activation

If you are still installing Windows and at the Enter Your Product Key page, do not enter your key and uncheck "Automatically Activate When Online" then click OK/Next to finish the installation.
If you have trouble activating Windows 7 you can call Microsoft to activate by doing the following:
1. With Windows running click Start, then in the Search box type:  slui.exe 4
2. Press Enter on your Keyboard
3. Select your Country.
4. Select the Phone Activation option, then call the number given and hold for a real person.

For more details: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18715-activate-windows-7-phone.html

Difference Between a Full/Retail License and an OEM/System Builder License.
OEM licenses of Windows:
1) Are bound to the first computer installed on and are not transferable (can't be moved to a different computer).
2) Can not do an in place upgrade from older versions of Windows, only a clean/fresh install is possible.
3) Offer no free support from Microsoft.

Have Questions About Installing Windows 7?
FAQ - Common Windows 7 Installation Questions & Answers
MCC 2011

TrekDozer

Sharing bits of knowledge.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.