Error during install

I got a licensed copy of Windows 7 Ultimate last year from Microsoft Academic Alliance but it was an RC version. Now it gave popup message that windows will expire so backup your data. So I downloaded windows 7 Professional from same website at my University. It doesn't install while running existing windows. When i boot through the disc,setup starts loading files but after loading when I click next,It gives an error message " A required cd/dvd driver is missing. if you have adriver floppy disk,cd,dvd, or usb flash drive,please insert it now."

I have a HP Pavillion laptop with Matshita dvd writer. Please help me what to do as I didn't find any driver

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 568 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Ergauravpro,

Most of the time, you encounter this error if the SATA emulation is enabled in the BIOS.

You may download the SATA or RAID Drivers from the manufacturer’s website, extract them and transfer them to external device and when this error pops up during the installation, you may ask load the drivers and check what happens.

Follow the link given below from HP to download the SATA or RAID drivers.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Enter the model no of the computer and when it asks for the version of Operating system select Windows 7 (32bit or 64 bit) which ever version you are installing.

After you download the driver keep it on an external drive and while installing when it asks for the drivers provide the same.

Hope this information is helpful.

Amrita M

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.