Incompatible drivers

Hi I have installed all the drivers manually after installing the windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. My laptop is Sony Vaio Vpceb46fg. I want to know that how to ensure that your computer is installed with correct drivers. I have early formatted c drive which contains all the drivers.

Google your make and model number and go to the Sony web site to get the drivers.  Other than Intel itself, or your main board maker, it is the only valid source of drivers.

Tip:  Do not allow Microsoft update to update drivers.

Drivers are different from other software.  After the installation, do not update them unless you are trying to solve a problem and then only the affected driver.

Do not allow "driver updater" software on your computer.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I do not recommend that you use any Registry Cleaners, Optimizers, Driver Updaters, Tune -Up utilities, etc.

They may do more harm to your operating system than any good that they claim to be able to do.

You normally only replace/reinstall drivers if you are having a problem with the existing ones or you require newer features that a newly released driver for a particular device would give you.

A lot of released drivers have never been updated since the year that they were released, but the devices they are for still work correctly.

You should obtain your Driver Software from your Computer or Hardware Manufacturer, not through Windows Update (except for Microsoft Hardware Updates), as Microsoft normally does nor have those latest Drivers available as Microsoft relies on the 3rd Party Hardware Manufacturer to supply them.

Go to your Computer or Hardware Manufacture's website > Driver and Software Support Section > look up your Computer or Hardware Model number > then your Operating System > locate the correct Drivers > download and install them.

Driver Downloads:

Sony Vaio:

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER

Bill Smithers - Microsoft MVP July 2013 - Dec 2020

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 21, 2020 Views 1,578 Applies to: