Windows Media Center can't find the list of channels for my area

I have Comcast Digital in Morton, IL.  WMC (Windows 7 64-bit SP1) can't find a list of channels for my area.  Is there a way I can help it out there?  So all channel names are blank with no entries.  It shows 10471 channels and I know there are far fewer.

This seems to be caused by a claim that my system isn't "digital cable ready".  I don't know why.  I have a Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe.  I have installed the MyMedia app from Ceton.

Can someone help?

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 56 Applies to:
 Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

1. Are you using a cable TV box or satellite TV receiver?
 2. Do the options under TV Guide appear to be grayed out or are not available?
 3. Are you able to use other options present under the TV Guide?

Method 1:

Follow the steps mentioned below to scan for more channels and check On the Windows Media Center start screen, scroll to Tasks, click Settings, click TV, click TV Signal, and then do one of the following:

Step 1: Click Scan for More Channels, and then follow the instructions. Media Center will look for additional channels that might be available for your TV tuner.

Step 2: Click Digital TV Antenna Signal Strength, and then follow the instructions. Media Center will scan each channel individually and display its signal strength. On the Adjust Digital TV Antenna and Choose Channels screen, you can clear the check box next to channels with little or no signal so they won't show up in the Guide.

Method 2:

Try the TV Tuner troubleshooter and check if it lists any issues.
 a) Open the Set up TV tuner troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.
b) In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. In the left pane, click View all, and then click set up TV tuner.

If the issue persists then you  can try setting up the TV signal again and check. 

Also refer to the following article for more information.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Anusha

Regards,
Anusha

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, Troubleshooting is missing "TV Tuner" or anything similar on my machine.  (Windows 7 Home SP1 64-bit)  "Check TV Signal Strength is missing from Tasks/Settings/TV menu in WMC.  I'm doing a channel scan, but since I've done that already, I'm not hopeful.
Will Pittenger

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.