Question

Q: Removing Buffalo TurboPC EX Series

Split from this thread.

This does not help for Windows 7. Already step 2, i.e. entering 'troubleshooting' does not find the location.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How to remove startup entry for TurboPC EX.

Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows vista/7/8)
Copy the below command line and Paste.

echo Start
echo #
echo ######################## Default dirctory for x86 x64 ########################
echo #
echo this command is default system32 directory for x86 OS or x64 OS
cd %windir% & cd system32
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f
reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f
echo #
echo ######################## Change the dirctory for x64 ########################
echo #
echo this command is x86 application's registry for x64 OS
cd %windir% & cd syswow64
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f
reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f
echo End

Close the command prompt.

Registry disclaimer

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

If you need any further assistance with Windows then let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How to remove startup entry for TurboPC EX.

Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows vista/7/8)
Copy the below command line and Paste.

echo Start
echo #
echo ######################## Default dirctory for x86 x64 ########################
echo #
echo this command is default system32 directory for x86 OS or x64 OS
cd %windir% & cd system32
echo #
echo ######################## Change the dirctory for x64 ########################
echo #
echo this command is x86 application's registry for x64 OS
cd %windir% & cd syswow64
echo End

Close the command prompt.

Registry disclaimer

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

If you need any further assistance with Windows then let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Thank you.

The above procedure does NOT work for Windows 10 Pro - seems I am 'stuck' because of (an earlier install on earlier O/S, this program operates regardless of Registry clearouts, EVEN when the program I DID uninstall 'Turbo PC EX' properly earlier : it remains listed in 'Device Manager', and NOW, impedes the correct operation of my (2Tb) BUFFALO external Hard drive.

I expect I shall have to follow the next stated steps, however - 'who knows' if that will work.

P.S. A re-install and then re-removal of 'Turbo PC EX' does NOT work, for me.

Regards
H. Keith
( qualifications ~ removed ~ )
( From 'Lost in Space' -
'Does THAT compute?' )

Sorry this didn't help.

The happy ending of my days and days of frustration, hoping for better results and trying more possible remedies! This did work for my Win'7, 64-bit PC. Suggest you re-try carefully and hope your luck improves.

Good job, Harshavardhan Rathod !!

Sorry this didn't help.

In response to

UlrichGötz :

The happy ending of my days and days of frustration, hoping for better results and trying more possible remedies! This posting below from Harshavardhan Rathod  did work for my Win'7, 64-bit PC. Suggest you re-try carefully and hope your luck improves.

Sorry this didn't help.

This does no work for me. Maybe I do not know how to start execution of the proposed program (lines).
Result will be that I choose to keep my Win 7 pro and abort my try to Win 10 upgrade for years to come.

Cheers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do You know what to do for windows 10?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello! I have tryed both those steps. 

removing the files in registry (I dont have any files named with 

Buffalo TurboPC EX Series 

and when i try those lines in cmd it says i dont have any files to delete with the name buffalo torbopc ex! 

I cant run win update on my windows 10 for this problem! please can anyone say wher those files are hiddin in the win10 system!

please any kind soul out there for help? 

/Magnus 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello! I have tryed both those steps. 

removing the files in registry (I dont have any files named with 

Buffalo TurboPC EX Series 

and when i try those lines in cmd it says i dont have any files to delete with the name buffalo torbopc ex! 

I cant run win update on my windows 10 for this problem! please can anyone say wher those files are hiddin in the win10 system!

please any kind soul out there for help? 

/Magnus

On My computer I found that the Buffalo TurboPC  had been installed in the Root directory ( C:\ ) and NOT in the Program File Directory.  I just manually deleted these files since it was not showing in the add/remove  list.

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrato
r in Windows vista/7/8)
'Open' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Windows\system32>Copy the below command line and Paste.
The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\system32>
C:\Windows\system32>echo Start
Start

C:\Windows\system32>echo #
#

C:\Windows\system32>echo ######################## Default dirctory for x86 x64 #
#######################
######################## Default dirctory for x86 x64 ########################

C:\Windows\system32>echo #
#

C:\Windows\system32>echo this command is default system32 directory for x86 OS o
r x64 OS
this command is default system32 directory for x86 OS or x64 OS

C:\Windows\system32>cd %windir% & cd system32

C:\Windows\System32>reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\R
un" /v "TurboPC EX" /f
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

C:\Windows\System32>reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\R
un" /v "TurboPC EX" /f

C:\Windows\System32>echo #
#

C:\Windows\System32>echo ######################## Change the dirctory for x64 ##
######################
######################## Change the dirctory for x64 ########################

C:\Windows\System32>echo #
#

C:\Windows\System32>echo this command is x86 application's registry for x64 OS
this command is x86 application's registry for x64 OS

C:\Windows\System32>cd %windir% & cd syswow64

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\R
un" /v "TurboPC EX" /f

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\R
un" /v "TurboPC EX" /f

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>echo End
End

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>

I believe my computer declines to acquiesce to this reponse.

....Means no.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1827 Last updated: January 23, 2018 Applies to: