Microsoft Windows 10 popup while running Windows 7 Home and opening any browser

I am running Windows 7 Home on a couple years old MSI premium laptop. I reverted back to Windows 7 with much difficulty after Windows 10 broke my machine badly. When I installed Windows 10, it didn't recognize the trackpad or the card reader. It wouldn't do updates, and other annoying quirks. I don't ever want Windows 10. I have removed all the updates I could find that bring the update back. I have turned off updates. I have removed GWX and its folder.  I have blocked everything I can think of. Yet Microsoft still gets through when I open any browser and insists that I should upgrade to Windows 10. It is a blue box in the middle of the screen. Every time I open a browser, the popup displays and dims everything else on the screen. I have to close the popup every time, then things run normally. How do I get rid of this annoyance?
Mcafee/Norton/IOBit security should not be Installed on a functioning computer=FreeAdvice

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The centered blue box pops up in any browser when I first go to the main msn.com webpage. The rest of the page gets dimmed until you address the popup in some manner. I actually found the problem relates to the msn.com webpage itself. Part of the page code forces a popup window to display the annoying invitation.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 111 Applies to: