WindowsUpdate_8007000E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Hi, i´m trying to update my windows 7, but it keeps saying that it can´t be updated and i get these error codes WindowsUpdate_8007000E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000".

At first I had the problem that it said "windows update isn´t running, restart your computer and try again". I got rid of that one by following some steps I saw here, but after I did that instead I get these error codes.

Question Info

Last updated July 20, 2019 Views 41,827 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand that you are facing the issue with windows updates. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to go through the below methods:

Method 1: Try to run the windows update troubleshooter:

a. Press WIN+R.
b. Type Control Panel and press enter.
c. Click on Troubleshooting.
d. On the left pane, click on view all.
e. From the list, click on windows updates.
f. Run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Try to perform clean boot:

Perform Clean Boot

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows  

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 3: Try reset Windows Updates component.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Note: To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you

can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

Also try,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80070008-or-8007000e

I hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

106 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem on a friend's computer, which is Windows 7, 32 bit, Version 6.1.7601. I tried running the autofix, which didn't work. So, I did a clean install off the DVD. Everthing went fine until after the installation of SP1, at which point it wanted to install an update for Windows Update, which I did. The next search for updates after installing the Update for Windows Update triggered the error again.

I tried uninstalling all third-party security software (Antivir, Zonealarm, Spybot S&D), and loading the last system restore point, and I also deinstalled SP1. After deinstalling SP1, I could search for updates again (Windows Update gave me SP1 itself and the monthly update for the Malware Removal Tool). After I installed those, the error reappeared.

Somewhere in between (I forgot to note down at which point), the error changed to:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-windows-update-error-c80003f3/d61ca4b9-3e9f-423b-a446-5705d413492b?auth=1

After applying the first fix on that page, I ended up with the error on this page again.

Then I went through all the solutions on this page.

While manually adding the registry entries, a lot of the .dll files seemed to be missing. I got two different error messages, which I typed up (they're in German, but I can't find them on the Terminology Search site, so you will have to delocalize yourself):

Fehler beim Laden des Moduls “muweb.dll”.

Stellen Sie sicher, dass die Binärdatei am angegebenen Pfad gespeichert ist, oder debuggen Sie die Datei, um Probleme mit der binären Datei oder abhängigen DLL-Dateien auszuschließen.

Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

Happens with:

• muweb.dll
  • wuweb.dll
  • wucltui.dll
  • wuaueng1.dll
  • initpki.dll
  • slbcsp.dll
  • sccbase.dll
  • msxml.dll

Second error message:

Das Modul qmgr.dll wurde geladen, aber der DllRegisterServer-Eingangspunkt wurde nicht gefunden.

Stellen Sie sicher, dass qmgr.dll eine gültige .DLL- oder .OCX-Datei ist, und wiederholen Sie den Vorgang.

Happens with:

• qmgr.dll
  • browseui.dll
  • shdocvw.dll
  • mshtml.dll

And here's the cmd output:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

C:\Windows\system32>net stop bits
Intelligenter Hintergrundübertragungsdienst wird beendet..
Intelligenter Hintergrundübertragungsdienst wurde erfolgreich beendet.

C:\Windows\system32>net stop wuauserv
Windows Update wird beendet.
Windows Update wurde erfolgreich beendet.

C:\Windows\system32>net stop appidsvc
Anwendungsidentität ist nicht gestartet.

Sie erhalten weitere Hilfe, wenn Sie NET HELPMSG 3521 eingeben.

C:\Windows\system32>net stop cryptsvc
Die folgenden Dienste hängen vom Dienst Kryptografiedienste ab.
Das Beenden des Dienstes Kryptografiedienste beendet auch diese Dienste.

TrueVector Internet Monitor

Möchten Sie diesen Vorgang fortsetzen? (J/N) [N]: J
Die angeforderte Unterbrechung, Fortsetzung oder Beendigung ist für diesen
Dienst ungültig.

Sie erhalten weitere Hilfe, wenn Sie NET HELPMSG 2191 eingeben.

C:\Windows\system32>Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Do
wnloader\qmgr*.dat"

C:\Windows\system32>Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.b
ak

C:\Windows\system32>Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
Zugriff verweigert

C:\Windows\system32>sc.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSW
RPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
[SC] SetServiceObjectSecurity ERFOLG

C:\Windows\system32>sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDC
LCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
[SC] SetServiceObjectSecurity ERFOLG

C:\Windows\system32>
C:\Windows\system32>cd /d %windir%\system32

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe atl.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe urlmon.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe browseui.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe jscript.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe msxml.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe actxprxy.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe softpub.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe wintrust.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe dssenh.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe rsaenh.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll

C:\Windows\system32> regsvr32.exe cryptdlg.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe ole32.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe shell32.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe initpki.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe wups.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe wups2.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll

C:\Windows\system32>regsvr32.exe muweb.dll

C:\Windows\system32> regsvr32.exe wuwebv.dll

C:\Windows\system32>netsh winsock reset

Der Winsock-Katalog wurde zurückgesetzt.
Sie müssen den Computer neu starten, um den Vorgang abzuschließen.

C:\Windows\system32>netsh winhttp reset proxy

Aktuelle WinHTTP-Proxyeinstellungen:

Direktzugriff (kein Proxyserver).

C:\Windows\system32>net start bits
Intelligenter Hintergrundübertragungsdienst wird gestartet.
Intelligenter Hintergrundübertragungsdienst wurde erfolgreich gestartet.

C:\Windows\system32>net start wuauserv
Windows Update wird gestartet.
Windows Update wurde erfolgreich gestartet.

C:\Windows\system32>net start appidsvc
Anwendungsidentität wird gestartet.
Anwendungsidentität wurde erfolgreich gestartet.

C:\Windows\system32>net start cryptsvc
Der angeforderte Dienst wurde bereits gestartet.

Sie erhalten weitere Hilfe, wenn Sie NET HELPMSG 2182 eingeben.

C:\Windows\system32>

25 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Install the latest Windows Update Client and its prerequisite.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3161608

Set automatic search to "Never check for updates" and restart before installing.

Regards, VZ

23 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Aghaidh,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your time.

Apart from suggestions provided by Volume Z, I would suggest you to run system update readiness tool and check.
Refer:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Please keep us updated.

Thank you

18 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

None of those helped.. It's one year later and the issue still occurs. Are you going to do something about it? Everything worked fine until I installed the Agent Windows Update 7.6.7600.320. Of course I had no choice but install it and ever since the Windows updates do not work. I keep receiving the error "WindowsUpdate_8007000E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

What can be done to fix this?!

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Background

Quite a long story but I thought I should share it... I was reinstalling a pretty basic PC (Core i2 w/4Gb of RAM + nVidia GT610 - No other card) from scratch and encountered several issues with Windows Update inc. error code 8007000E once SP1 and Windows Update Agent/Client v7.6.7600.320 were installed. Actually Windows Update was checking for updates for hourssss and not actually doing anything (no network nor disk activity at all) + CPU constantly used at +/- 50% by svchost/wuauserv (no memory increase/leak though) during that time while no other app was running.

I can't remember how many "fixing processes" - inc. the various MS FixIt and WU Troubleshooting articles I tried with no success until I did the following - in order:

- Installed Windows 7 (32-bit in this case) from scratch
- Accepted the default settings for Windows Update (automatic mode)
- Forced checking for updates
- Accepted the installation of the various updates inc. SP1
- Made the mistake once again of accepting the update of the Windows Update agent :-(

After that "Checking for updates..." (as already experienced number of times) enterred in a no ending "loop" (even after 12+ hours). Wanted to uninstall Windows Update Agent/Client v7.6.7600.320 but it's obviously not possible. So restored the system to the point where it was before the installation of the WU agent. Noticed that after the system restore the WU Agent/Client v7.6.7600.320 was still listed as installed

- Set Windows Update to Never search...
- Installed KB947821 - a MUST:

"This tool is being offered because an inconsistency was found in the Windows servicing store which may prevent the successful installation of future updates, service packs, and software"

- Ran (at Command Prompt in Admin mode) SFC /SCANNOW ==> No issue :-)
- Installed KB3020369 - a pre-requisite for the next one
- Installed KB3172605
- Rebooted as required
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later (through Ethernet) 222 important ones were offered
- Installed around 50 of them then cancelled the installation as I thought I finally found the right "configuration" not to say combination

Worked in this case

- Reinstalled (formatted the HD) Windows 7 from scratch
- Forced and accepted the automatic installation of the Important updates

Noticed that during installation of the 1st wave of updates SP1 was listed and theoritically installed but after the required restart the System properties was not mentionning "Service Pack 1" (???). And during the next round of update checks SP1 (KB976932) was again presented/offered. After accepting its download I noticed it immediatly started at 31% (???). And after the installation + a couple of reboots System properties was saying "Window 7 ... Service Pack 1" :-)

- Set Windows Update to Never search...
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. It told me it needed to update itself (obviously Windows Update Agent/Client v7.6.7600.320) ==> Didn't install it
- Installed KB947821
- Installed KB3020369
- Installed KB3172605
- Rebooted as required

NB: After the above 2 KBs the WU Agent/Client version is v7.6.7601.23453

How to check Windows Update Agent/Client version:

Start > All programs > Accessories > Windows Powershell > Windows Powershell

Copy (Get-ChildItem 'c:\windows\System32\wuauclt.exe').versioninfo.productversion and paste this into the Powershell window + [Enter]

OR

Open File Explorer > Windows > System32 > Right-click on wuauclt.exe > Properties > Details tab > See Product version

- Created a system restore point
- Created a custom power plan (screen can go to sleep, PC never)
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later (through Ethernet) 223 important ones were offered but 222 were selected (KB3021917 was unchecked - seems to be a telemetry update...). Installed the 222 all together ==> 111 installed OK + 89 failed (+ 22 not required) with errors 8024200D and 8007000E (Windows Update has encountered an unknown error):

"Windows can't update important files and services while the system is using them..."

- Restarted the system
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates.  A few minutes later (through Ethernet) 108 important ones were offered, 107 checked
- Installed the 107 all together ==> All installed OK

- Rebooted as required
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later (through Ethernet) 7 important ones were offered, 6 checked (KB3021917 unchecked ==> hidded it)
- Installed the 6 all together ==> All installed OK

- Restarted the system
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later (through Ethernet) 11 optional ones were offered
- Installed the 11 optionals (1 for the NIC) ==> All installed OK

- Restarted the system
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later (through Ethernet) 6 important ones were offered
- Installed the 6 all together ==> 1 installed OK + 5 failed with error 80070308 (Windows Update has encountered an unknown error):

"Windows can't update important files and services while the system is using them..."

- Restarted the system
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later (through Ethernet) 5 important ones were offered

- Installed the 5 all together ==> 1 installed OK + 4 failed with error 80070308 (Windows Update has encountered an unknown error):

- Restarted the system
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later (through Ethernet) 4 important ones were offered
- Installed the 4 all together ==> 4 installed OK

- Restarted the system
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later (through Ethernet) 1 optional (KB3177467) one was offered ==> Hidded it
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later ==> None
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later ==> None
- Installed Microsoft Security Essential

- Downloaded latest update and accepted first analysis ==> Everything OK

- Set Windows Update to Never search... (MS Security Essential changed it to Install updates auto...)
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later ==> 2 optionals(1 Silverlight) ==> Hidded (user not using IE)
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later ==> 1 optional (Silverlight) ==> Hidded
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later ==> 1 optional (Silverlight) ==> Hidded
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later ==> 2 optional (1 Silverlight) ==> Hidded
- Installed 1 MS Security Essential definitions ==> OK

- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later ==> No update
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates. A few minutes later ==> No update
- Restarted
- Installed Office 2010 (decline auto updates) + SP2 + Restarted as required

- Forced Windows Update to check for updates ==> 61 importants Office + 1 optional (Security Essential Definitions)
- Installed the 62 all together ==> 55 installed OK + 7 not required
- Restarted as required
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates ==> None
- Installed Google Chrome (user requirement)
- Uninstalled some Windows components + Restart as required

- PC Tablette

- Games

- MS Windows Gadgets

- Installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (user requirement)
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates ==> 1 optional (Security Essential Definitions) ==> Installed OK
- Activated the Administrator account
- Restarted the system
- Set Power options to Recommended
- Unplugged the Ethernet cable
- Set Windows Update to Install updates auto...
- Created a System Image on an external drive
- Ran Cleanup Manager to clean up unecessary System Files (SP backup, Windows Update, Archived error reports)

- Restarted the system

- Plugged in the Ethernet cable
- Forced Windows Update to check for updates ==> 1 important + 1 optional (MS Security Essentials definition) ==> Installed both == OK

Comment

I'm used to repair and (re)install PC w/Windows for yearsssss but this the 1st time I spent so much time to make it work as it should. Given the number of threads I found here and there with this issue + the number of times I reinstalled this PC due to Windows Update issues after installing SP1 I'm quite sure there's something going wrong somewhere... And in case someone wonders: BIOS up to date + Motherboard chipset inf/drivers installed + no (really no) extra soft installed other than Windows 7 - even not Microsoft Security Essentials until all important Windows updates were installed

EDIT: PC has been working fine for a couple of days inc. Windows Update auto updating...

Hope this helps

Cheers | Lz. (GMT +1)

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

@AlinaSapota,

Before going through the whole process I described above here is how I would proceed in your case - in order:

- Set Windows Update to Never download...
- Connect the PC through Ethernet
- Run SFC /SCANNOW - see how here

Independtly of Windows Update issues your system must be clean and in good shape

In the event where SFC would report errors it couldn't fix, see how to manually fix them in the same article

You can also refer to How to analyze the CBS log file for a better understanding of its content

- Automatically or manually reset Windows Update components

If you use the FixIt tool and it reports an issue with a timestamp it couldn't fix ignore it as long as all other issues are fixed

- Check that Windows Update is still set to Never download... Otherwise set it as such
- Restart the system
- Install KB947821
- Install KB3020369
- Install KB3172605
- Reboot as required
- Run SFC /SCANNOW (again the system must be in good shape)
- Force Windows Update to check for updates and see how it goes...

Works or not it would be nice of you to say so as this might help others...

Cheers | Lz. (GMT +1)

27 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.