Windows Update Error 8007001F When Upgrading To Windows 10

Yesterday, after windows 10 was done downloading on windows update, a windows 10 installation wizard came up. (I thought I succeeded in the point where I was just halfway done installing windows 10) I accepted the upgrade agreements, and all that, then I chose to "Upgrade Now." After I click upgrade now, my computer restarted. On the next startup, I expected to see something that said, "Windows 10 upgrade: 15%" or something like that but it was just a normal startup. I did my normal startup routine. Once I got on my desktop screen. I started to think "why did not windows 10 upgrade?" so I went on windows update and on the left side, i clicked "view update history" and I double clicked the windows 10 update and it said it FAILED. I got a error 8007001F. I researched on the internet to find out ways to fix the windows 10 update error 8007001F. One way I tried is to run Microsoft Fix it, a second way I tried is to go to C:/Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Downloads(folder)/ and deleted everything in that download folder and emptied my recycling bin. But that did NOT even work. I tried to update windows 10 , 3 times STUCK with that frustrating error in upgrading to windows 10! I would really be pleased if someone would help.

Question Info

Last updated June 15, 2019 Views 14,252 Applies to:
I have the same problem and tried the same steps  I even tried to update from the media creation tool  I'm running 8.1

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

August 8th. 

No fix for this problem yet.

I have the following configuration: Core i7 8gb ram windows 7 , dual boot with ubuntu using grub, nvidia gtx 460M.

The installation procedure says that windows 10 its downloading, but when I click "view Download progress" and windows update is opened it says that windows 10 could not be installed because of error 8007001F .

I have tried multiple things like, deleting the downloads folder on SoftwareDistribution, restarting windows multiple times, looking for problems with device drivers, and all of them seem to be fine, deleting software like itunes, and multiple things that start with windows.

So far... I have no fix for this and need help to do the upgrade.

21 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ,

same problem as described above. My system is  laptop Sony Vaio Core 5i 8Gb dual boot with linux using grub.

Error 8007001F appears when trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium x64  SP1 to Win 10.

I have deactivated all firewall/antispyware and also tried Windows Update troubleshooter but no luck

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Could it be possible related to grub being in the MBR ?
I have seen windows updates failing for that reason.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I had the same problem. I was running OpenSuse and Windows 7 with grub. Used recovery console and bootrec /FixMbr to throw away grub and boot Windows 7 directly. Then the update worked without further problems. As I'm using Linux only now and then and not for any crititcal stuff it was no problem for me. I think it might still be possible to install grub again - I didn't change anything in Linux partitions.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

grub seemed to be the main issue. Bootrec.exe /FixMbr and  Bootrec.exe /FixBoot didn't worked for me since the grub didn't uninstall.

Bootrec.exe /FixBoot gave also the message "bootrec fixboot element not found" (used the Win 7 installation CD to boot from)

(http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32523/how-to-manually-repair-windows-7-boot-loader-problems/)

I followed some additional steps:

I used the Diskpart tool commands:

where I typed the following

DiskPart = starts partition manager
List Disk = list all hard drives
Select Disk # = usually 0 like Disk 0
List Volume = lists all partitions
Select Volume =  usually select volume 2
Active = marks partition as active 

exit

Here some additional info

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Sharepoint/en-US/7791044e-db7f-4144-a96c-945299811f58/bootmgr-not-found-bootrec-rebuildbcd-and-fixboot-give-element-not-found-error?forum=w7itproinstall

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV84OabGB08)

Then I got the message "Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" and booted again from the Win 7 installation CD and then followed the repair option as described here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2622803

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmAbyGFSatg)

Finally the system booted from windows bootloader and the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 was done successfully.

Thanks for the tips!

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem for about 2 weeks and I finally just unplugged my hard drive and plugged it in to a different sata port on my motherboard and windows reinstall the hard drive and it worked I am installing Windows 10 now . Its worth a shot

Sorry this didn't help.