Question

Q: Windows 10 Update KB4015217 & Windows 7 update KB4015549 breaks ADODB.Recordset filter property when using array holding bookmarks.

Windows 10 Update KB4015217 & Windows 7 update KB4015549 breaks ADODB.Recordset filter property when using array containing bookmarks.  Use of the bookmarks array crashes our software and only the removal of these Windows updated fixes it.  Is there a solution coming to solve this problem?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Answer

A:

The answer from Microsoft is actually "kompatibilityproblem on softwareupdate". I don't beleave, that microsoft will come soon with a solution.

For my application i do the following:

I wrote WrapperFunctions (a COM-Class) for creation of ADO-Objects and put a copy from the old running "msado15.dll" to my applicationpath (currently from Windows 8.1).

With the exported "DllGetClassObject"-Function i can get now for all ADO-Objects the COM-Classes from this dll.

I have to change only all creates of ADO-Objects to the new wrapperfunction.

And now the application works again on all windowsversions, specially the filter-property with bookmarks.

In addition:

If you use already .NET yo can isolate the com-library for your application. You have just to copy the library to your application path, create the interop assembly from the copy and mark the property Isolate = true. Deploy the msado15.dll together with your interop-assembly.
May be, it should/must work.

@PA Bear

So this error must described in all Windowsforums again?

It exists also on

Windows Server 2008

Windows Server 2012 R2

Windows 8

Windows 8.1

Not only Windows 7 and 10.

I have tried to report this error directly to microsoft, but this seams absolutly impossible.

I have chatted to 3 different persons with technet.

One telled me, i should install an old VisualStudio 2015 C++ Reditributeable, but i have already newer version, an other one from technet asked me "what is MSADO"?

And the last one wanted to sell me a servicecontract to correct my specific problem.

When wil Microsoft accept this problem as real error that exists worldwide on all windowsversions?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

10 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 2,023 Last updated: March 14, 2018 Applies to: