Where is windows installer cleanup utility located?

original title: windows installer cleanup utility

I cannot find installer cleanup utility anywhere. Is is still available and if so where?

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2019 Views 162,409 Applies to:
Answer

An automated troubleshooter is available that can diagnoses problems that can prevent installing and uninstalling programs on your Windows-based computer. This troubleshooter can help with programs that do not uninstall correctly and with issues where programs may be blocking the installations of other programs. To run the troubleshooter, click Run Now on the following website:

Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

Note: The Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe) that was previously referred to in this article has been retired. The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter is a replacement for that utility.

If you need to uninstall Office version 2003, 2007, or 2010, a new FixIT solution is available in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007, or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?

If you need to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

How to manually uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0.1963 if you cannot uninstall it by using the Add or Remove Programs item

Hope this helps

Bobby

30 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.