Question

Q: TemporaryInternetFiles\Content.IE5\BMH3T1E4 is corrupt and unreadable

Hi,

I have this problem of corrupt/unreadable files in my Windows7 computer. I get the message in the lower right almost constantly. I have searched this database and ran the "sfc /scannow", sometimes it will say it has fixed a certain file and other times it says it can find NO integrity violations. Even when it says it has repaired something, it only takes an hour or two before the message reappears. Once or twice, the scan reported fixing the CBS.log or some such file.

I've also Googled this and there is no shortage of this extremely annoying problem, many people have the same issue. Is there anything I can do to permantly fix this, barring a complete system restoration? Are there any issues with Windows7 running MSN (Verizon)? Is this one of those situations where the only fix is a complete restoration? I sure hope not. If a MS rep reads this, can you tell me how to submit a system diagnostic?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Copperhill

Answer

A:

Pegasus,

Finally found the cause of my problem - a bad C:\Drive. Ran 5 different diagnostic programs and all 5 came up with bad sector/block/volume or just plain FAILURE. Luckily it is under warranty and Western Digital is sending me a replacement. Now I have to pray my system holds up until I get it. Thank you again for your attention to my problem.

Regards,
Copperhill

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,421 Last updated: April 5, 2018 Applies to: