Hello, I just formatted my computer using Windows 7 Proffesional 32bit and I am unable to install windows updates
The steps I took:
- after format I created restore point, then:
- went straight to windows update
- changed settings to "Check for updates but let me decide whether to download and install them"
- started checking for updates
- it said "Windows update needs to update itself" or something like that - I clicked Install or whatever there was, it downloaded it and restarted Windows Update
- I clicked "Check for updates" and now nothing happens - it checks for hours without any result.
It is a clean installation - I didn't install any antivirus, nor any other program, I didn't change any system settings (the only thing I did was creating restore point)
I tried solutions found on internet like using Microsoft Fix It, Windows Update Diagnostic, answer to this thread http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-hangs-on-checking-for-updates/b762abf5-655c-4a60-aabc-9f59785bd8d9
I also read this thread http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-checking-for-updates-stuck-forever/cf0aefb1-477c-41df-a330-130383581c6d and it might be the case but I don't know how can I check it (I don't have access to any other internet connection) - can I just ping microsoft servers or something to make sure my network works fine?
Any other ideas on what can I do?