Problem Installing Update KB4015549

The above update "failed" when being installed from updates.  I then tried to install from windowsupdate.com but receive the message "The update is not applicable to your computer."

As this update is for Windows 7 x64-based Systems SP1 Why do i get this message?

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 SP1.

Curiousroblin

[Original Title: KB4015549]

If you get message that update is not applicable, it means you don't need to install it.

Just run Windows Update and check for update and install all applicable updates from there.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your reply.

If I don't need the update why send it to me or is it a round robin issued to all?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply.

If I don't need the update why send it to me or is it a round robin issued to all?

Good question:-) You may try this:

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4015549

This link is for Win7/64bit. I've been using the catalog and it's been working great for me. Hope it works for you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This KB is not only about OS 64bits.. look closely ...

this update is more than it looks ...https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/11/patch_tuesday_mess/

According to this month's high-level overview, Redmond has made available patches to address security shortcomings in the following:

• Edge
  • Internet Explorer
  • Windows
  • Office, Office Services, Office Web Apps
  • .NET framework
  • Flash Player (more on that below)
  • Visual Studio for Mac
  • Silverlight

These fixes can now be installed automatically via Windows Update. Reboot and you're done. But wait, there are caveats. For example, the patch bundles KB4015549KB4015546KB4015550KB4015547 that install the security fixes on Windows 7 and 8 have an unfortunate side-effect on computers using AMD Carrizo-based processors – they'll be blocked from receiving further software updates until Microsoft sorts that out. Gulp!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This KB is not only about OS 64bits.. look closely ...

this update is more than it looks ...https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/11/patch_tuesday_mess/

According to this month's high-level overview, Redmond has made available patches to address security shortcomings in the following:

• Edge
  • Internet Explorer
  • Windows
  • Office, Office Services, Office Web Apps
  • .NET framework
  • Flash Player (more on that below)
  • Visual Studio for Mac
  • Silverlight

These fixes can now be installed automatically via Windows Update. Reboot and you're done. But wait, there are caveats. For example, the patch bundles KB4015549KB4015546KB4015550KB4015547 that install the security fixes on Windows 7 and 8 have an unfortunate side-effect on computers using AMD Carrizo-based processors – they'll be blocked from receiving further software updates until Microsoft sorts that out. Gulp!

Welcome to the club:-) Microsoft users are fortunate to have this site with the seasoned MVP's and the great Volunteers. Those that read this site have known about the issues you raise and I agree. I read the UK article you linked to and some of the comments.

Since this new change of how Microsoft updates Windows is causing havoc, may I refer you to one of our star Volunteers post of 2016. We knew this was coming and many of us have been prepared and taken action & control over our own computers regarding WU.

Windows Update - How will it change your system?   

Canadian Tech
        started on October 14, 2016

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/windows-update-how-will-it-change-your-system/6d2ee7f8-908f-4ddb-8fd9-1eab55773141?tm=1476461665170

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

A follow up to my previous post. Many of us are aware of the issues you raised. This article by Microsoft explains in more detail what is included in the KB4015549 and why it's almost 160 MB. The only thing this update lacks is the kitchen sink, but they are working on that:-)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015549/windows-7-windows-server-2008-r2-sp1-update-kb4015549

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 26, 2019 Views 6 Applies to: