I understand that you trying to stop upgrade of windows 10.
I will certainly help you with this.
Let’s try the following methods to uninstall and hide the updates for windows 10:
Method 1: Try to uninstall the two updates which is responsible for windows 10 upgrade
1. Click Start, type: cmd then right click cmd and click Run as administrator)
2. Click Command Prompt (Admin)
3. At the command prompt, enter the following commands:
wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583
wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664
4. Exit the command prompt.
5. Terminate the GWX.exe process using Task Manager. Moreover rename the GWXUXWorker.exe and GWX.exe to .old as suffix from directory location:- Windows\System32\GWX, if getting any issues while renaming then give the system permission's to respective files
and then try to rename it again. OR you can delete the entire directory folder.
6. Reboot the computer.
Method 2: Please follow the below steps to hide an update.
1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Windows Update icon.
2. After Windows Updates or you check for updates, click/tap on the update(s) is available link.
3. Right click or press and hold on a listed Windows Update that you want to hide, then click/tap on Hide Update.
4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes or enter the administrator's password.
5. You will now notice that the now hidden Windows Update is grayed out. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to hide another
Windows Update. When done, click/tap on OK.
I hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.