How to stop Windows 10 updates notification?
So I was wondering if theres a way that I can prevent Windows Update from upgrading to Windows 10! I just need to know how to get rid of the Windows 10 Upgrade and the Get Windows 10 icon...
Original title: Windows 10 Upgrade
Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
I appreciate your time and effort.
I understand that you trying to stop upgrade of windows 10.
I will certainly help you with this.
Let’s try the following methods to uninstall and hide the updates for windows 10:
Method 1: Try to uninstall the two updates which is responsible for windows 10 upgrade
1. Click Start, type: cmd then right click cmd and click Run as administrator)
2. Click Command Prompt (Admin)
3. At the command prompt, enter the following commands:
wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583
wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664
4. Exit the command prompt.
5. Terminate the GWX.exe process using Task Manager. Moreover rename the GWXUXWorker.exe and GWX.exe to .old as suffix from directory location:- Windows\System32\GWX, if getting any issues while renaming then give the system permission's to respective files and then try to rename it again. OR you can delete the entire directory folder.
6. Reboot the computer.
Method 2: Please follow the below steps to hide an update.
1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Windows Update icon.
5. You will now notice that the now hidden Windows Update is grayed out. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to hide another
Windows Update. When done, click/tap on OK.
I hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.