Error Code 80248015

How to fix Error Code 80248015 when trying to access windows updates

Question Info

Last updated October 8, 2019 Views 32,137 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

All good here too, simply by checking for updates new authcab pops in.

Ive also managed to 're-subscribe' to microsoft updates to ensure we get office etc updates as well.

If you've unticked the option for MS update in an attempt to fix this you should be able to get them back by clicking

"Get updates for other Microsoft products. Find out more"

down the bottom of the windows update window.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All good here too, simply by checking for updates new authcab pops in.

Ive also managed to 're-subscribe' to microsoft updates to ensure we get office etc updates as well.

If you've unticked the option for MS update in an attempt to fix this you should be able to get them back by clicking

"Get updates for other Microsoft products. Find out more"

down the bottom of the windows update window.

DOES NOT WORK ---  NOT  "ALL Good here" !

CLICKING ON the bottom of screen at "Find out more"takes one to a html message of "Use your Start menu to check for updates" and two pictures for how to open Wndows Update ... how very clever and useless of Microsoft.

BTW, if I go to any component of my microsoft Office 2010, it does exactly the same thing... takes me to same link and pictures

THE CHECKBOX IS GONE - VANISHED  --  any suggestions for how to get it back, or is this another way for usoft to have kicked us once more.?

I saw a supposed solution which led to an old Ger man-worded fix which is not precise enough for me to duplicate.

any other solutioms

HELP ANYONE

Sorry this didn't help.

Firstly, make sure the link opens in Internet Explorer - might be easiest to make it your default browser just for this operation.

Then it should ask if you want to install the Microsoft Update activex control or something similar, cant recall the exact message.

This should take you to the page, in IE, which lets you subscribe to microsoft update once again.

You may need to add the *.microsoft.com domain to the 'Compatibility View' options in IE - no idea why but for some reason their own page needs that to render properly.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Firstly, make sure the link opens in Internet Explorer - might be easiest to make it your default browser just for this operation.

Then it should ask if you want to install the Microsoft Update activex control or something similar, cant recall the exact message.

This should take you to the page, in IE, which lets you subscribe to microsoft update once again.

You may need to add the *.microsoft.com domain to the 'Compatibility View' options in IE - no idea why but for some reason their own page needs that to render properly.

BEAUTIFUL ... IT WORKED !

one Additional point...My default IE settings has Active X filtering ON [4th item in drop-down list under Tools]... so I turned that off after making IE my default browser, added Microsoft.com to compatibility settings and then , holding my breath, let the VISTA active X run [if you hadn't suggested this route and I hadn't seen your previous notes, I wouldn't have let a Vista-active-x run]

This is great.

Kudos to You and Many Thanks !

btw-what a bad day or 2 usoft has caused for 10's of thousands of people or more for lack of timely update file.  [reminds one of when another software maintainer forgot to renew a domain und lost control Jun-Juli 2017

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I read that some users has this issue. But it should be solved by Microsoft's fix
Blogs: http://www.borncity.com/blog /(Ger) - and - http://borncity.com/win/ (EN)

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I read that some users has this issue. But it should be solved by Microsoft's fix

should have, but didn't ... just now had to use it on 3 win7 pro pc's , all otherwise up-to-date and all having downloaded win7 updates ... 1 by turning back date, 2 by setting windows-only.

all 3 lost the checkbox for other software....  which surprised me b/o the date turn-back and then corrected became windows-only on its own.

Sorry this didn't help.

Switched on my PC and was able to update MSE definitions through MSE's 'Update Definitions' button again after the new cab was installed. Strangely enough, my PC reverted to having the 'Check for updates for other Microsoft products' checkbox already ticked, like it was before I renamed my SoftwareDistribution folder.

Not sure if that's normal, but it's working as intended now.

Sorry this didn't help.

You're a genius Arghbedragons!!!  I had to open internet explorer (which I hate), before the updates would download.  My computer has been trying all day to download something, and my control panel update settings would hang up when I clicked on them, until I opened Internet Explorer.  Hope this is the end of this micro-crap induced nightmare!!! 

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

The issue is already fixed by Microsoft on server. No action needed, it works for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

err...

it doesn't work for me. I just opened windows update and it shows the Red shield. if I click to check for updates, it says the usual "service is not running".

So, how to force this new cab to be downloaded ?

EDIT

ok , solved manually:

Date back to the 3rd

manual check for updates

closed windows update

date back to 5th

opened windows update : works

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.