How to fix Error Code 80248015 when trying to access windows updates

Question Info

Last updated October 8, 2019 Views 32,130 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

do NOT try the fixes.

This is valid for others, too... don't try any of the "old" fixes. This is an issue that only microsoft can solve by issuing a new expiry date for the Windows Update program.

Any manual fix attempt ( aside a possible patch distributed by ms to update the expiry date ) will just risk damaging your windows installation

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I've documented it within the blog post  Windows 7: Error 0x80248015 in Update Search (Dec. 4, 2017)

A simple workaround so far (until MS fixes the expire date) is to uncheck the option to update other Microsoft products - as mentioned within the blog post. 

Blogs: http://www.borncity.com/blog /(Ger) - and - http://borncity.com/win/ (EN)

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows Update 80248015 error

Agent
Which version of Windows are you running?
Me

Windows 7

Agent
Run the Windows Update troubleshooter for Windows 7
If you're having problems installing updates in Windows 7, first check to make sure you're connected to the Internet, and then run the Windows Update troubleshooter:
  1. Download the troubleshooter, and select Open or Save in the pop-up window. (If you choose Save, you'll need to open the troubleshooter from the save location.)
  2. Select Next to start the troubleshooter, and follow the steps to identify and fix any problems.
  3. After the troubleshooter finishes, try running Windows Update again. Select the Start button, and then select Control Panel > Windows Update. In the left pane, select Check for updates, and then install any available updates.
    1. Note: If you're still unable to install updates after running the troubleshooter, see Fix Windows Update issues. This article will guide you through more advanced steps in troubleshooting Windows Update.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows Update 80248015 error

Agent
Which version of Windows are you running?
Me

Windows 7

Agent
Run the Windows Update troubleshooter for Windows 7
If you're having problems installing updates in Windows 7, first check to make sure you're connected to the Internet, and then run the Windows Update troubleshooter:
  1. Download the troubleshooter, and select Open or Save in the pop-up window. (If you choose Save, you'll need to open the troubleshooter from the save location.)
  2. Select Next to start the troubleshooter, and follow the steps to identify and fix any problems.
  3. After the troubleshooter finishes, try running Windows Update again. Select the Start button, and then select Control Panel > Windows Update. In the left pane, select Check for updates, and then install any available updates.
    1. Note: If you're still unable to install updates after running the troubleshooter, see Fix Windows Update issues. This article will guide you through more advanced steps in troubleshooting Windows Update.

TOTALLY WORTHLESS... tried THIS 4=FOUR TIMES On Two Different PC's Before Posting Yesterday !!

trouble shooter couldn't fix the problem and remaining possible fixes on usoft's site didn't work...

neither did restoring computer to earlier time when windows update worked.

running windows7 pro .

is clearly a Microsoft Problem... Hopefully they care enough about installed win7 base even for small businesses that don't have their own IT dept to do Enterprise fixes.

Sorry this didn't help.

I see LOADS of people have started receiving this error message TODAY!!! Me too.

MS needs to sort something out QUICKLY

I'm wondering if everyone getting this error message is using windows 7?  That's very important to know!!  If so, then there is something going on with MS as to whether or not they will continue to support windows 7, or how they will continue to support windows 7. 

Yes I am using Windows 7

yes I am

Yes, I'm on W7 and have the same error starting today - I've wasted the whole morning on it.  So, this is good timing for me as, today, I was actively looking to purchase 2 new computers. Always having used Microsoft, I'm now looking at the Apple options.

I am looking at Apple also.  I consider this a huge slap in the face from Microsoft! 

Sorry this didn't help.

This worked for me:  https://www.wintips.org/windows-update-cannot-check-for-updates-windows-8-7-or-vista-solved/

Sorry this didn't help.

I've documented it within the blog post  Windows 7: Error 0x80248015 in Update Search (Dec. 4, 2017)

A simple workaround so far (until MS fixes the expire date) is to uncheck the option to update other Microsoft products - as mentioned within the blog post. 

helped in that process completed and an "optional" driver updte is shown [not that I download non-usoft drivers from usoft].  thank you, since this could go on until and including, hopefully, dec12'th security updates....unless someone at usoft wakes up and actually uploads a corrected, non-expired file to their update server

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Solution 2 worked for me     https://www.wintips.org/windows-update-cannot-check-for-updates-windows-8-7-or-vista-solved/

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried using the troubleshooter for the windows updates, to no avail Sapphire! 

Sorry this didn't help.